Injector Cleaner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brn4x4

Reaction score
Hi
Does anybody here run injector cleaner in their tank?

And if so what brand and how much (Every 2nd,3rd,4th tank)

Cheers
Ben:victory:

Hey brm 4x4,

There was another thread about adding 2-Stroke to diesel written by a lass who is a lawyer in the automotive industry. She was doing a study on the value of fuel additives like fuel conditioners, injector cleaners etc and the bottom line of her study was that they weren't worth the cost of the bottle they come in, in terms of effectiveness, although I'm sure they offer a placebo effect and make the manufacturers lots of money. ;-)

DJ

I'm using Castol Activ 2T, which is a JASO-FC rated two-stroke oil, 300ml per tankful. Getting at least 1LPHK better economy (so over the tank, saving 7-8L of fuel for about $3 investment) as well as the claimed DPF benefits. It's supposed to help keep the injectors in better working order too, although with only (just under) 15,000km on the clock (racking those up real fast!) mine's still in diapers so it's hard to say about the long-term effects.

* Claimed DPF benefits: they say that the addition of the oil increases the combustion temperature by a small amount and thus helps the DPF burn off the soot particles sooner requiring less regen cycles. That's entirely possible. Also, having lurned what I lerned about the CAT, this will help with the reduction of nitrogen oxides as well, which require a higher temperature. I do not know (yet) what is happening to the blow-by or the re-ingestion of crank gas/oil (via PCV). I don't have an oil catch can fitted but I am definitely leaning towards that idea, so that I can at least see what kind of crap is being pushed back toward my intake.

been running 2 stoke myself tho i would be worried about the metallic lubricants in the 2 stoke clogging the cat and dpf. (mind you i think rx7 or rx8 injects 2 stoke and they run cats).
marine might be better as non-metallic lubricants.

hard to tell with egt temps. if anything they are down not up. certainly noticeable when i stop, turbo temp is cooler so i can shut off earlier.

but i don't expect 2 stroke to clean injectors.

Without reigniting the 2stroke debate can we keep it to the original topic of
'Injector Cleaners' that are sold as such.

Victa oils are made and marketed for the lubrication of 2 Cycle engines,
and not for diesel injector cleaning amongst other things.

And then for those wanting to add to the 2stroke debate feel free to add to that thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reviving this thread with a question. Is fuel doctor and chemtech diesel power the same thing in general or are they completely different in the way they work.
I am using chemtech diesel power at the moment but have hear about the fuel doctor being good as well. So is it apples and oranges or apples and apples?

Cheers.

Navmania.

I have used both chemtech and fuel doctor. Still using fuel Dr and it seems to be the only one I have seen results. I found fuel doctor dissolved/diluted better in diesel than chemtech did. Also gained 50km to a tank so I'm guessing it did clean the injectors of any crap. The inital shock treatment is 250ml, so a full small bottle then I just add 50ml per tank fill aylt each fill(125l tank)

I'm seriously considering giving the 2stroke a go though. 300ml to a tank is a lot but worth it.

Rusty

Thanks Rusty, I can get the fuel doctor in a 1 liter bottle the same as the chemtech for about the same price. Will the 2stroke oil clean the injectors also or is it purely to lube the pump etc.

Cheers

I'm running Castrol Activ 2T as well. Not so much for cleaning of injectors, more so to lubricate injectors and pump. Seems to be a bit quieter and fuel economy has improved. Even if I didn't notice the fuel economy, I'd still do it to save the injectors and pump. 300ml per tank is a small price to pay

i run Dr fuel as well, the first treatment (250mls) i noticed an increase in kms probably around 40 to 50kms extra to the tank. must have done something to the injectors or pump because now i run it at only 50mls a tank and still get that extra 50kms each tank.

Yeh tony i think it does. It breaks down any contaminants in the fuel to be able to be injected and burnt. Obviously larger particles will be captured in the filters still. I picked up a penrite diesel fuel additive today and was gonna give it a go. Will sfill be using the fuel dr permanently. Also giving the 2 stroke a go, using the activ 2t thats been mentioned.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back