D22 Rear Chrome Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacknav

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was unfortunately rear ended by a mate on my way home from a 4wd trip last night. No damage to my tub on first glance but the rear bar is bent. assuming there is no chassis damage this should just be a straight swap with a new bar from nissan. Does anyone know what a new rear bar from Nissan is approximately worth??

about $280 for the chrome, doesn't include the black plastic inserts or mounting brackets if they are also bent.

Mounting brackets I can understand but not coming with the inserts is just pure profiteering. Sure there are times when the inserts don't get damaged but considering the actual cost to make the damn things and how often people would need both it's a joke not to sell them as a kit. The sad thing is that unless you want to make your own bar or unless you can source a second hand one you have no choice but to pay dealers prices for this sort of thing.

Yeah pretty ordinary charging more for the inserts. you can just imagine their argument; "the bars and inserts are made in different factories, and if we were to include them we'd have to charge you more. So to get the lowest prices for our customers ... blah blah blah". trying to make it sound like they are doing the right thing by the customer. Yeah... Thanks Nissan. The worst part is when you need both you are at their mercy. can you find one on ebay or in a wrecker ?

I will most likely put this through insurance, that's why i pay for it anyways and then nissan can charge all they like. That way i can have a professional look at the chassis to make sure its not bent.

Or you could look for something different :D I found a rodeo bar fits after a few minor cuts with a hacksaw. And i think its a little better looking that the standard one.

Attachments

• IMG_2423.jpg
    IMG_2423.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 140
The bar, the 2 plastic bits, and the steel under the top plastic all up is over $700 from nissan, i know because someone rear ended me. Ended up finding one off ebay, Brand new for $355

That reminds me, i still have my old one, its still in pretty good condition, only replaced it because the guy offered to pay. $50 and its yours, I'm in brisbane, south side

Attachments

• SDC12080.JPG
    SDC12080.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 77
  • SDC12082.JPG
    SDC12082.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 57
  • SDC12083.JPG
    SDC12083.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 55
That reminds me, i still have my old one, its still in pretty good condition, only replaced it because the guy offered to pay. $50 and its yours, I'm in brisbane, south side
Hey mate have you still got your rear bar for sale? I have raised my tow bar 100mm and mine will not fit back on. I really did not want to chop the hell out of a perfectly good bar.

mate i have a rear bar 4 sale off my 05 str,it has a tiny crease in it that is barely visible.i have shown people and they just could not see it.i am selling it as i have an alloy tray now,if you want it you can have it for $100 complete

Latest posts

Back