Reseting v9x ECU

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pathy550

Reaction score
Anyone done this for there V6? I'm starting to ad a few mods and and a ecu reset wouldn't hurt. I see the 4 cylinder you just pull off the negative terminal and turn the ignition to on and wait till all power goes out. I have a Pathfinder ti550 so it might be different but I cant turn the key on without the battery connected. What I did do was disconnect the battery while the key was on and waited about 20 seconds. Anyways I'm hoping someone knows the correct procedure. Thanks.

Yeah thanks old Tony I did read that and tried it as well. The car felt a bit different when I drove it and I was making sure It did the job. There must be another way because disconnecting the earth while the ignition is on doesn't seem right.

On my 06 2.5 I was able to just touch the positive and negative terminals together to dissipate all power and do a ECU reset, anyone know if this works on the V9X as well?

Will

It's not something I'd be game enough to do with any modern vehicle, given the risk of the power dissipating the wrong way through the ECU. I know the ECU can be purchased for around $300 second hand, but still - the foot brake, or even the headlights, are a safer path.

I expect that the V9X ECU will be a little harder to find second hand too - be interesting if we could get a price from Nissan for it.

Ignore the key, put it in your pocket or hang it off your girlfriend's necklace (just don't let the wife catch you doing it).

If you remove the battery negative and turn on lights or brake lights (either will do) the ECU's remaining power will be consumed (as well as the BCM, because the BCM is the one that makes the decision about the lights).

The requirement to press the brake pedal simply gives the system enough time to get empty. In truth you could just open a door (bringing on the interior lights) and by the time you got back to the battery to hook it up again, it'd be done - but there's nothing like being sure.

Latest posts

Back