which awning ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am wanting to buy an awning like just about every 4 x 4 seems to have fitted to there racks nowdays. what is an average brand to buy ? i will only use this a few times per year so its not worth while buying a good Ironman etc etc . have seen some Tiger brand awnings on ebay rather cheap, are these anygood ? thanks for your help in advance. HELP surely some of you guys have one fitted to your side racks.

Last edited:
I just bought and fitted an ARB one. Seems like better quality than the Ironman ones and others that have plastic cam-locks in the poles. I've heard these crap themselves after use in sand.
I won't be using mine more than a few times a year either, but the cheap ones seem really cheap and nasty.

Tigerz11 ones are fantastic value for money. They also have metal knuckles as opposed to the plastic ones.

thanks guys. there are some great bargains on ebay for the Tiger11 awnings [ under $200 ] for a 2 x 3 meter. i feel sometimes you do pay for the name brand even though its not as good in quality as one would think.

yeah i am going to grab the 2 x 3 meter awning for an extra $30 as the extra half meter may come in handy for that little more shade etc etc. many thanks for the help .

I've always used plastic tarps, but I've always also rivetted hooks onto the rooves of my vehicles. I like plastic tarps, they're cheaper than the 'fitted' awnings and you can get them everywhere.

I just bought a 2 x 2.5m Roo Systems one from 4wdSupacentre. Havn't fitted it yet but from opening it up at home it looks the goods. $159 with a free 6" Lightbar. For that price how could you complain.

Are all awnings fold out or do some run on a retractable system??

I think the majority of the awnings on the market between the $150-400 mark are fold out/ fold in setups. I have seen one from a brand called Eezi Awn that ran a tension setup that rolled in and out but was $700+. There may be others I'm not sure.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417017288249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417017288249.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 105

Latest posts

Back