bighorns

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit225

Reaction score
just wanted to know what you guys think of the maxxis bighorns thinking of getting them. how many kliks do they get?

hey rabbit - I got some 265-75r-16 on mine in Jan. Cost $290 each. might have been able to talk him down a smidge more but seem OK price. Highway noise is a little louder than I was hoping for but you kinda get used to it. Off road they feel great on dirt, mud and rock. Only had them on for about 5000km so not sure on longevity. I think 4WD Action did a muddie test mid 09 and the bighorns came out second over about 10 brands over a range of tests like noise, strength, side wall strength,effectiveness on mud, sand rock etc. I've heard people reckon they can get 50-60000 out of theirs. Run the right pressures for what you're playing in and most tyres do well. The MTZ I was also looking at were about $70 more expensive and I couldn't see any value for what I do with mine. have fun mate

I have 265/75/16 on a spare set of rims,i can't comment on how many k's you will get because they aren't on my ute all the time.
On the black top you notice the noise straight away,not bad on the open road but when i drive through the tunnels in Melbourne i have to put my window up.In the wet on black top they are ok if you don't push it.
These are my first set of mud tyres so i have nothing to compare with but i am happy with them off road,wet and dry tracks,they have performed well.Barely spin a wheel.They haven't chipped,i have copped a couple of nicks in the side wall,but that has been when i have driven on very rough rocky sections.
Overall i'm happy with them but next time i may get something different so i can compare.

They were given good reviews in 4WD action magazine. If that means anything?

pfft 4wd action are a bunch if half wits, i dont think any of their tests are actually legitament. i reckon the manufacturers pay them off to rate their product

pfft 4wd action are a bunch if half wits, i dont think any of their tests are actually legitament. i reckon the manufacturers pay them off to rate their product

I hope nobody's surprised by that statement. In the computer industry, that's pretty much EXACTLY what happens.

Ive seen the difference between these tyres and the BFG muddies on Hilux's... They didnt work in the mud!(Wouldnt let the mud get out of tread blocks) Where the BFG's walked thru the mud. Worked great on rocks, Dam noisey on the road.
These were both 35x12 and halfs. Thats my 2 cents :D

Bighorns are highly regarded......goooooogle owners blogs etc.
But the recent price increase has put me off. Better tyres available for less.

Knackers up there in the second post suggested that his mate got them for $290 a piece. Currently RRP is $340. For a 3 ply Radial that is well over priced. BFG, Cooper, Mickey T, Yokohama all have better quality tyres available for a lesser price at the moment.

just fitted 265/75-16 on mine, no scrubbing issues, little bit noisy but thats all i can say at this stage. i also got em for 230 a tyre fitted and balanced but thats cost plus 10 bucks a tyre.

I hope nobody's surprised by that statement. In the computer industry, that's pretty much EXACTLY what happens.

I don't think there's an Australian industry where it doesn't happen!
Bag a brand and you're out of future tests!

Latest posts

Back