Newby 550 price guide

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trev08

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First post from a long time viewer.

My Question is what price should I expect to pay for a new Stx550 with Hardcover and towbar.

The best I have seen for a 2013 is $54 k drive away + towbar and Hardcover.

The worst is $72 k plus extras for a 2014 !!!!:wristy:

What has everyone been paying and what Nsw dealer do you recommend.

Cheers

Trev

Hello Trev,

I think off the top of my head i paid around 62 grand for mine with $2500 worth of central locking hard cover and a genuine towbar fitted. I went after a couple of those advertised at $54000 drive away and neither existed, one turned out to be a 2011 without the leather, sat nav, bose system etc and the other was simply advertised falsely so beware!

Shame it has to be a new one you are after as i am thinking about selling mine its a Sept 2012 STX 550 premium in altitude blue, pampered from new, it has 29 thousand K's on it with full history, totally unmarked immaculate condition & has never been off the black stuff.

As for recommending a dealer i'm not sure a good one exists! the original garage i went to in NSW i got told to leave because apparently i was "wasting his time" for asking to throw me a tow bar in with the deal, so i went just over the border to queensland and they were a quality bunch too! there was allegedly 5 altitude blue ones sat in quarantine in brisbane and i would apparently have one within a week so i paid my deposit, long story short they didn't exist they lied to me to get my business and they then tried to get the demo one from the dealer i previously got asked to leave from!!!

When i asked what happened to the 5 in brisbane i got told they were all marked, i knew he was pulling my chain by then so i said i would drive to the compound and inspect them, answer i got was that they are parked on a rough patch of ground and one of the employees had been spinning the wheels in something and flicked rocks up at them all and dinted them! furk he must of thought i looked dumb as!

3 months later and it arrived fresh from spain! this is a true story!

Thanks Adam777,

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks Nissan dealers are a bunch of:wristy:

It took me 3 dealers to get a drive in one ! Suttons at Chullora have been advertising 2013 550s for $54 drive away but I haven't actually been there yet to check if they have any in stock.

This will be my first 4wd truck after owning 3 Hsv's , so I want something that has decent performance. After driving a 550 I was pleasantly surprised how well it drove ( for a 4x4 ) but $72k plus extras they are dreaming.

I would be happy to pay around $60 k for a silver one but they seem hard to find.

Cheers

Trev

Ballpark for a stx (550 engine but non leather and nav) say about 56 with hard tonneau and towbar. If you want trev pm me and i can ask someone to give you a call.

I know its not a 550 BUT:

Hornsby Nissan and speak to Stuart Carr: I shopped around plenty of Nissan dealers in the end I purchased my 2012 Navara D40 ST for $41,800 including tow bar, soft cover, tub liner and bonnet protector.

Dad bought a 2012 D40 ST-X V6 paid $51,400 including tow bar, soft cover, tub liner and the black kit upgrade.

Shopping around with the spec you want is the best way. The Original prices for both cars were around $12,000 more without the extras.

Hi guys,

I have finally joined the 550 club, MY 13/14 compliance $61k inc Hardcover and tow bar .

Pick it up in about a week.

A set of Bilsteins will be next on the list.

:cheers!: Guys

That's an awesome price. Wish I got mine for that amount. Did you do a lot of haggling.? I should have got the discount for having an A.B.N :-(

-

It took 2 minutes, I told him I wanted it for $48,000, he talked to the boss for not even 1 minute and came back with $48,500.
I said done deal and picked it up 2 days later.

Other local dealers said $53,000 was the best they could do not a penny less.

Ok my turn to brag.....

had it home for a few weeks now
2014 ST-X 550 Lightning Silver (compl plate 5/2014)
Deluxe Arb Bullbar
Arb Canopy and Aluminium series roofrack
Towbar
Long Ranger Tank (70 ltr )..... interesting :) 680 klms before the gauge moved off full
Intergrated Alarm
Tinting

all for $64,000

Installed IPF Driving Lights and Redarc Towpro Brake controller since
Just the dual battery to go

Here's a hint..... I bitched and carried on at the dealer and also Nissan Australia about the crappy outdated maps to the point of going consumer affairs... they caved and installed the latest maps (cough) "GEN4 5.1"
still outdated cause it doesn't have "peninsular link"

Latest posts

Back