Don't buy an ARB bull bar unless

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busiboy

Reaction score
You want to fit an ARB winch, they've made changes to the bar and the other winches don't fit, the free spool handle clashes with this main structural element.

It is almost cheaper to buy another bar and scrap the current bar and fit an ironman winch.

I'm now an owner of a warn winch. :(

It wasn't me installing, it was a local and well respect 4wd shop.

They tried 3 winches disassembling them and rotating the free spool with nothing working, the issue is the distance from the mounting holes to the free spool, if you check the arb warn web images you'll notice there's no an extra section between the mounting point and the free spool hub meaning if you don't have tis space the free spool will foul on the bull bar.

I suspect this will be a common design change to make sure you stay arb loyal, I nearly bought another bar instead after the usual less than spectacular performance from the local ARB taking calls and doing quotes while serving me.

ARB is overrated anyway. Hence why the only thing i have ever bought FROM them was a beaver panel. I wouldnt buy their bars etc direct from them. Overpriced stuff.

Mike, I had to go to arb and purchase the winch, my preferred supplier and installer lost their winch sale and spent half a day rooting around achieving nothing.

I have a d40 thialand built with a arb steel bar and a runva a winch i installed my self. I rotated the gear box and ill all works sweet. Ill be questioning the 4wd shop you go to. Arb has good stuff at great prices my canopy arb was cheapest on market and localy made in melb. Don't doubt arb.

Latest posts

Back