Intercooler oil leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busiboy

Reaction score
My intercooler has an oil leak bottom right hand corner as you look at it, was discovered during my winch install.

I've booked the car in for a service and told them about it. I'll let you know what happens.

That means you have a boost leak and are getting a bit of blow-by. The oil vapour is making its way through the intercooler and coming out where the boost leak is, showing as an "oil leak". There are no moving parts in the intercooler, and no 50's style haircuts, hence no need for oil.

It may just be a loose hose clamp, but it does point to two things that you might want to address at some point to improve the car's performance.

1) Fit a catch can to trap that oil before it enters the intercooler and reduces the intercooler's efficiency.

2) Remove the intercooler and clean it. Put one hand on one hole, pour a litre of unleaded fuel in the other, cap that hole too and shake the living shit out of it. Pour out the results and repeat until you're happy that what's coming out is pretty close in colour to what went in. Allow to dry for a couple of hours with one hole facing upwards, reinstall and remember to empty the catch can regularly.

Just replied to your thread, went in for the service yesterday, yup, intercooler is leaking, rang nissan tech, ordered a new one, rebooked to have it fitted.

Got told I'm up for new pads and rotors, 720 plus labour, think I'll be sourcing aftermarket.

Just replied to your thread, went in for the service yesterday, yup, intercooler is leaking, rang nissan tech, ordered a new one, rebooked to have it fitted.

Got told I'm up for new pads and rotors, 720 plus labour, think I'll be sourcing aftermarket.

Aftermarket rotors and pads for sure. . . i just machined my rotors and got better pads at 50000kms cost me less then $200 and a 6pack :p

Latest posts

Back