repco gear up brand fridge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connaught

Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone know what the current draw for these things are?? i am looking for a ballpark, i realize that rated is under ideal and no one goes in ideal conditions

on a side note i bought the 60l version of this and am impressed with it, it worked great on my trip down to Esperance last month, however i didn't have a dual battery, so i plugged it into the car while driving and had a powered site while down there,

i am in the middle of putting a 100 amp hour agm dual battery in the tub, and am hoping to guestimate how long the battery will last with the fridge running and a some lighting

all in preperation for doing the Gibb River Road later this year

Looks like it's a Domus compressor that will draw somewhere around 6A.

My advice to you would be to drop the idea, and consider either a Danfoss compressor fridge (Waeco, ARB) or the Sawafuji compressor fridge (Engel). Waeco fridges with a BD35 (small units) will draw around 4A, BD55 will draw around 5.5-6A (these are real figures, not the ratings you read in the pamphlets). Engels draw from 1.5A (my 60L fridge) to around 4.5A (80L).

Domus will eventually be something worth having, but at the moment they're a cheap unit manufactured in China and being presented inexpensively to our market in order to make sales.

I would not risk my food in them just yet, most particularly if I was going away from civilisation.

Tony,

already have the fridge, and i have had it out on the road, and it seems to work great, kept the beer cold, and didn't freeze the veges, i was just trying to find info on the current draw to see if sitting in a camp site for 12-16 hours was going to be a problem on a 100 AH battery, which if i am reading that right it shouldn't be,

i did look around and i couldn't find any current info on the 60 litre model, just the 55, although i am sure it would probably be somewhat similar,

i might have to take it to work and put the current clamp on it and actually measure the bastard thing might do that this weekend and let you know

An ordinary ammeter will do it - won't be more than 10A and if it is, take a genny instead!

Even if it were pulling 6A, over 24 hours it'll roughly cycle for half that (less in winter, of course, but we budget for half) and 6*12 = 72Ah. If the battery is an AGM you'll have 8Ah spare.

Sorry, should have read a little closer where you said you'd bought it! I doubt they'd change the compressor or the circuitry for 5L more capacity.

I always use a long weekend to test my batteries under load at home if i don't go away.What i mean is load the fridge and use it as if you were bush keep an eye on the volt meter when you go away it should perform similar,most mornings away when we get up i idle for about 10 mins to get the battery back up.

Ya the upcoming trip is gonna be driving approx 4 to 5 ( 1 8 hour stint as well)hours a day and stopping at a camp site for a night, then a leisurely breakfast, pack up and move on, so Im kinda figuring I should be ok

Latest posts

Back