Exposed abs lines on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk

Reaction score
an owner at a 4be shop told me today that the abs lines on the d40 are dangerously exposed, more so with a lift kit. has anyone else heard this?

Yes you are correct. I had previously heard this too. However I had my D40 up on chassis stands the other week at Big-O-4x4, 4WD Suspension & Accessories (quick plug for Andrew). Anyway Andrew pointed out that even though I had only lifted it 40mm the rear brake lines were limiting the suspension travel and highlighted the exposed ABS cables.

So I fitted corregated split tubing over the ABS cabling the other day and have extended braided brake lines being fitted next week.

BH

Yes they are.
Not sure why a lift kit makes them anymore exposed though, it's not the cable but more the sensor thats the problem.

Yes they are.
Not sure why a lift kit makes them anymore exposed though

Because you have to unhook the cable from the metal backet on the axle housing otherwise the cable will pull tight when the suspension is maxed out. This in turns further exposes the cable to the crap that flies up as you drive along.

My lift is around the same height as yours hog,how much longer are your new brake lines going to be?

My lift is around the same height as yours hog,how much longer are your new brake lines going to be?

Another 100mm and braided to be safe as 100mm probably too much but given they're braided it wont be a problem having them a little too long.

Because you have to unhook the cable from the metal backet on the axle housing otherwise the cable will pull tight when the suspension is maxed out. This in turns further exposes the cable to the crap that flies up as you drive along.

Yes, I forgot about that, easier to cut the wires and extend them.

I extended my brake lines 100mm, plenty of room for further lift.

Does anyone know of good way to protect the ABS sensors? I have heard of someone who has just damaged two during a central Australia trip.

i wrapped foam with canvas and used black auto silastic...so it acts like a insulater..BOING!...seems dodgy but works lol...they should have placed the sensors at the rear of the hub dkheads.

Cheers,thanks for the tip,tubes and lines next on the list to be sorted .

We watched yours cock its leg about three times as you made your way down the hill yesterday. They didn't break then at full extension so I doubt they will in the future but climb under and see if they are still where they should be.

Latest posts

Back