bull bar panel gap???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tague_100

Reaction score
hi all,

Just picked up the car from having the bull bar fitted and am curious about the amount of clearance they have left between the bar and the head lights/ front guards/ grille.
To me it seems quite excessive but I have never had this done before to know any better.

I have just been back down to ARB to ask some questions and was given the whole "its fine" speal. The girl told me it was within the acceptable range and that it is fitted like this to stop the head lights and guards being damaged whilest driving over corrugations.

I may be being a bit pedantic but i've paid enough for the bar I want it fitted correctly.

Am I picking the gap up more because its colour coded and not the traditional black bar. If it were black I guess the gap wouldn't stand out as much.?

Attachments

• IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 180
That looks a *little* too much to me, but it depends on the strength of the wings of the bar.

I have the stock alloy bar and they can move a bit over corrugations, mine has wear marks where it has rubbed under the flare, not really noticable.

Looks pretty good to me, a very tidy looking bar. There is way less of a gap on yours than there is on mine (TJM) They do move a bit when driving so the girl at ARB is more or less telling it like it is. Hope this helps mate!!

Edit::: I have noticed the alloy bars do sit a little neater than the steel (because Jason beat my post) but there again I've seen some shockers in the ally fitment as well. I still reckon yours looks the goods!!

Cheers Brad

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Now i have to call back and apologise to her for being a bit peed off towards her. I mean she did get me out of bed and at the store at 8am...

OOPS!! Sometimes it hard not to get a little testy when you think sales staff are having a lend of you.

Brad

tague,

Mine is exactly the same as yours, even the same colour. I too was worried about mine and was reassured that this is the way it is!

I think it looks good. The eye would naturally be drawn to the gap because of the colour match - the gap breaks it up and draws attention.

The side-on pic seems to indicate that they cut level with the bottom of the headlight. My guess is that if they'd left any material under the headlight - and enough to be strong enough to stay there - it would rub on the bar on rough stuff (like NSW roads) or even on mild stuff (like 4WD tracks).

If you'd gotten a black bar it would be harder to notice as the gap would look black and the eye wouldn't be drawn to the gap itself. Trick of the light I suppose!

Latest posts

Back