Strange problem Nav 2009

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSmoke

Reaction score
Hello just came home from 700km nonstop driving :dong:
On the way suddenly my dash light blacked out (the lights to speedometer fuel temp rpms) and the headlights went black even the doorlocks stopped working. And when i turn engine off the fuelmeter and tempmeter dont reset they stay in the same position and when i turn ignition on the meters go to zero and after about 15sec they go up.

What the f##k has happend????
Going to the local service tomorrow (time here is now 12 at night) but does someone have a clue??
(Yes i have also checked the fuses in the engine department)

no idea, tho it if every meter goes up it almost sounds like its gone into diagnostic mode. unfortunately the dash is basically a mini ECU.

mayby a relay or dash earth problem ??

:idea:

Did you drive through any atomic bomb test sites like Maralinga.?

:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: No i didnt

But i did found the problem 2 cables had melted togheter in my electrical trailer connection in the parkinglight circuit. Two new cabels and everything worked again.
I dont understand why no fuse was burned???

I had similar problems that were tracked down to a bad earth, Its surprising how screwy things go that seem unrelated.

Electricity is a strange thing. I've been an electrician for 7 years and sometimes I still can't understand some of the things it does sometimes!!

Latest posts

Back