Prorack Whispbar Roof racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallaby

Reaction score
Just fitted a pair of Whispbar roof racks that I bought on Ebay for $285. The interesting point about these racks is that the cross bars are an airfoil shape to minimize wind noise. One of those brilliant ideas that makes you wonder why someone didn't think of it before.

They look great and I think they do work as claimed. They were really quiet until I turned into a 25-30 knot head wind yesterday and even then the noise level was quite reasonable.

Obviously the sharp rear edge of the airfoil may create some issues in terms of the attachment of suitable straps but most straps with metal hooks will fit OK.

Rated to 70kg which should suit most toys.

Cheers

Joe

My only beef with them was the lack of fitment for "standard" accessories - kayak carriers, ski carriers etc. Companies like Thule, Rola, Rhino etc all pretty much make adapters to fit their accessories to the other companies bars, but Whisper Bar (? spelling ?) seemed to be out on their own.

Of course if you wanted just a set of bars for carrying ladders etc, then no problem!

Of course, all that being said, the biggest noise factor I found when I had the Thule racks installed on my D40 was around the "foot" section. Since installing the track mounted Rhino's I can't say I've noticed any real noise when it's just the bars installed. Mostly these days I leave the alloy tray/basket installed though.

Last edited:
Back