How long did your standard nissan battery last?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long did your standard nissan battery last?

• Total voters

Kickars2

Reaction score
well my navara turn's 6 next month and today she is due for a new battery, the old one just wouldn't take any charge.
so im wondering how long you guys got out of your battery? cause 6 years on a standard battery is wicked i think.

yeah i know i thought it was wicked.
and i think the reason it died was cause i didn't fill it up with water, i forgot and dad went to drive it an it didn't start and after putting 2L of water in it and getting a jump start it was ok for that day but it was stuffed after that.
even 12 hours on the battery charger would have enough power to kick the motor over.

Yeah I use fully sealed batteries now because i am a bit lazy with checking the water levels. Will wait and see how long they last. I've got 18 months on my first one so far.

one ute battery lasted about 3-4 years, this one its still on the original ~5 years. mind you i did put some revitalize stuff in it which seams to have helped. but its sulfating up terminals like crazy so its on its last legs.

Mine is still running the factory battery. Check the water level occasionally and never gets low.

Thats after 162,000km's.

Dave.

wow, i got stiffed, i only got about 8 months out of mine, not abused or overused either, always very conservative what i leave on and how long its on for.

moorooka nissan replaced under warranty though, as they should have.

it was a blessing in disquise, the missus is now on my side with the dual battery necessity.

Just replaced mine a few weeks back. Was just over 5yrs. Showed no sign, just was dead one day and didn't make any difference with the charger on it. Never had water checked unless they do it during a service. When I looked couple of the cells were bone dry.

Just replaced mine a few weeks back. Was just over 5yrs. Showed no sign, just was dead one day and didn't make any difference with the charger on it. Never had water checked unless they do it during a service. When I looked couple of the cells were bone dry.

I'm willing to bet good money that either the battery isn't even on their checklist, or they just tick the box because the lights still come on "Yup, thar must be a battery in thar somewhere!"

They do check them at service, well mine at least. Water levels are checked and they put Vas/Denso paste or some such on the posts to protect them.

Water levels in batteries can drop very quickly in the hotter climates, I check mine every month or so, usually just before I give it a boost with the C-Tek. Top up with distilled water if needed.

Mate I work at a Car Dealership and I have seen them last 3months to 6 years and that is a good brand battery . I have personlly had some only last 12 months.

I replaced the original battery a week after Anzac weekend this year,ute was built in sept 05,first registered jan 06.
Not too bad,i ran it right down a few times.

I got a month out of mine from when I bought the vehicle but it was an 08 model sold in 09 and had been sitting in bond for an extended period. Nissan or more correctly NRMA Batteries replaced it under warranty...

Latest posts

Back