boost pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr13b

Reaction score
hey guys, i drive a d22 with the 3lt turbo motor. it has a turbosmart boost controller fitted and a saas boost gauge. im wanting to know wat the stock boost pressure is and wat it can go to safely without doin exhaust and or cooler mod. cheers

15psi stock, mine increased after changing main muffler and peaks around 18psi.
no real point to increasing boost, its not going to go any faster. in fact i was toying with changing the waste gate spring and drop it back down to 15psi.

the boost controller will help get rid of wastegate creep and bring on full boost earlier.

the main problem with these motors is they are under fueled. you can't make power without fuel. i suspect a bit bigger turbo would be much better than increasing boost.

Hi, I just put a boost gauge and controller on my 05 nav, I have a 3" system with diesel gas and a chip with out changing the boost it is peaking at 11psi.

Hi, I just put a boost gauge and controller on my 05 nav, I have a 3" system with diesel gas and a chip with out changing the boost it is peaking at 11psi.

thats reading way to low. something wrong with the gauge by the sounds of it. it should hit 15psi at 3000rpm for a stock motor. i would expect more due to the exhaust.

Shane, just before you jump @ the 2.5, consider something a little larger. Everything I'm seeing about the 2.75 & 3" systems say they're better, and if you're changing, you may as well improve it if you can - especially if the price difference is marginal.

I had a 2.5 " system, changed it to the 3" system best thing i have ever done. The truck is a lot nicer to drive and yes I did leave the cat in.

I had a 2.5 " system, changed it to the 3" system best thing i have ever done. The truck is a lot nicer to drive and yes I did leave the cat in.

gas and chip would increase exhaust flow big time so quite possible theres a noticeable difference with a bigger exhaust.

turbosmart boost controller fitted

hey i was wondering who fitted your boost controller? i was told that you cant fit them with out doing alot of work because the computer controls the vaccum on the acutuater and if you did it would cause the computer to go into limp mode or safe mode?

No idea if the boost sensor on the crossover would result on the ECU going into a limp home mode if you increased boost too far (On the assumption that higher boost meant a failed wastegate actuator or hose) but the ECU does nothing about setting boost level on the ZD30 Navara. The turbo is an old style jobbie with a traditional wastegate operated only by boost pressure. All the petrol engine tricks to increase the boost level will change the boost level on one of these. How the ECU will respond to it is the question.

Shane, just before you jump @ the 2.5, consider something a little larger. Everything I'm seeing about the 2.75 & 3" systems say they're better, and if you're changing, you may as well improve it if you can - especially if the price difference is marginal.

Hi Tony

The reason I went for a 2.5in system is that most exhaust shop will have 2.5in tube in stock,plus if i am out in the bush it is the most common size usually find in most country towns.

Shane:cheers!:

with the diesel gas and chip and exhaust on my navara, i hit 15 psi, but if i put my foot flat to the board it hits 17 psi.
i've heard of a truck running around home running 18psi with just an exhaust

boost

G'day all, I've got a d22 3ltr, so far its got a rapid chip and egr mod, makes 16psi at full tilt, about 5-10psi @ 100kmh depending on load, picked up a full 2.75 inch system from beaudesert exhaust today will let you know how it goes, but it hauls arse now over a stock truck, yehhhhh

boost

G'day all,sorry it took so long to reply, I did the beaudesert exhaust a few weeks ago now, boost is the same but the power feels considerably more, havn't had it on the dyno but you can feel the difference, especially low down in the revs, no more bogging down docile feeling, if you wan't the 3.0l to go my recommendation would be exhaust,egr and butterfly mod first, then if coin prevails do the chip, very very happy with my package........:rock:

G'day all,sorry it took so long to reply, I did the beaudesert exhaust a few weeks ago now, boost is the same but the power feels considerably more, havn't had it on the dyno but you can feel the difference, especially low down in the revs, no more bogging down docile feeling, if you wan't the 3.0l to go my recommendation would be exhaust,egr and butterfly mod first, then if coin prevails do the chip, very very happy with my package........:rock:

thats the shit i got mine boosting up to 20psi n that is using a manual boost t. but all i got is a 2.5" exhaust, egr/butterfly mod plus a pod filtter n i hav fuk all lag that i had wen it was stock.:rock:

I have a Profec B Spec 2 Electronic Boost Controller and Gauge that i was looking at selling but after some thinking i am wondering if i would be worth the hassle installing it so i can bring the boost on earlier as mine can adjust both Gain and Duty Cycle. Not doing this straight away as i want to install a exhaust first and maybe a chip, just wanting to know if anyone else has installed these and is it worth doing it or sell it.

Latest posts

Back