Uneven revs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarecrow73

Reaction score
Hi all, had the Nav now for a few months and was just wondering if anyone's had experienced uneven revs in the rev range (best I can describe it!!!).

When I accelerate, just as it's about to change from 3rd to 4th, the revs drop slightly then rise again just before the change. This seems to happen regardless if I am easy on the throttle or a bit heavy and predominantly in the 3rd/4th change (although I have noticed slight unevenness in other parts of the rev range).

I'm pretty sure it's not the throttle pressure as I've tried hard to maintain throttle position while testing it and seems to be the same.

Is this generally what all Navs do or does mine possibly have an issue somewhere. It's a 2013 ST diesel auto and has done 2900 km's. Sorry if it's a bit vague, but I can't describe it any other way.

Cheers

It's a little unusual for a Spanish car. Thai builds do it, in low range in 4th gear - that's a software glitch. I'd suggest yours is something else - mostly because you notice it outside of the specific area where the Thai engines have the issue.

It's not common. It could have something to do with the neutral switch in the gearbox, but with 2900kms on the dial I'd be taking it back to the dealer to get them to fix it.

Sounds a little like the issue i had. Turned out to be a shit earth from the ecu to the body. Thet only screw it in and dont even bother to clear the paint first.

thats how they are

Hi all, had the Nav now for a few months and was just wondering if anyone's had experienced uneven revs in the rev range (best I can describe it!!!).

When I accelerate, just as it's about to change from 3rd to 4th, the revs drop slightly then rise again just before the change. This seems to happen regardless if I am easy on the throttle or a bit heavy and predominantly in the 3rd/4th change (although I have noticed slight unevenness in other parts of the rev range).

I'm pretty sure it's not the throttle pressure as I've tried hard to maintain throttle position while testing it and seems to be the same.

Is this generally what all Navs do or does mine possibly have an issue somewhere. It's a 2013 ST diesel auto and has done 2900 km's. Sorry if it's a bit vague, but I can't describe it any other way.

Cheers
Mate just the way they are.
The ecu is adjusting the converters stall rate vs engine load.
They are annoying and not what I expected when I purchased mine.
I ended up modifying heavily to make it drive completely different then it did off the factory floor.
Mindf you mine is the V9X v6

Sounds a little like the issue i had. Turned out to be a shit earth from the ecu to the body. Thet only screw it in and dont even bother to clear the paint first.

Where would one find the earth point for the ECU? I'll have a look and see if it may be a cause. Cheers.

If it is how they drive, it's pretty crap. Regardless of revs it does it so I'll check the earth and go from there. Ta.

Behind the ECU, Drivers side, near the rear of the engine bay.. Bolted to the side... Lots and lots of little black wires terminated there..

Engine block Earth is straight down from the batter onto the block - you can follow the cable from the -ve down.. Remove, sand bare both the connector and the place it attaches too.. bolt back..

I ended up modifying heavily to make it drive completely different then it did off the factory floor.
Mindf you mine is the V9X v6

What did you modify, how and can you tell how to get mine done as it annoys the hell out of me :pissedoff:

Have a read

What did you modify, how and can you tell how to get mine done as it annoys the hell out of me :pissedoff:

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=24940
Have a read of one of my threads in the stx550 section(v9x powerchips)

Anyway wasnt very impressed with mine .
I didnt even test drive.
Bought on the v6 principle.

x-force exhaust 3 inch dump pipe back no DPF/CAT $870 (I installed)
Plazmaman hot side pipe $195.00
k&n air filter $83.00
Modded air box
EGR blocked
ECU Tuned by Wayne from power chip on PAC PERFORMANCE Dyno $1690.00 tune, $400.00 dyno
I gain 30 odd RWKW and a shit load of torque.
This where we left it.More available with more boost and fuel.
There's no comparison now to a standard STX550.
Please remember that we aren't simply chasing RWKW'S,we are after the torque and better drivability .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back