Muster 2014. Calling Everyone. Let's Do Something.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been busy with life so I may have missed emails, posts, IM's etc, but ...

What are we doing with the 2014 Muster??

Past committee members, do you think we should throw all positions open so new people can have a shot at organising a Muster?

Hey everyone else, here's a suggestion and this is a suggestion that anyone can follow if they wish, why don't you approach the committee members and see what they're up to with it all.

I was on the committee last year and enjoyed it. Not sure if I'll be on it this year as it depends on work and family committments, as it does with everyone else.

What I'm trying to get to is, don't leave the decisions up to the people who ran last year and in previous years.

If you have the time and the desire to get things rolling, approach the committee and just ask ...

"Hey, I'm keen for a Muster this year, I'm happy to do it, you guys need any help?"

Last year Luke did a stack of work. He's not around this year. I don't want to speak for Tony, but he's done a power of work in the last few years. I've got by on my good looks and charm, so I did bugger all.

Should we throw all committee positions open and if no one runs for or accepts any positions well that just about ends it.

Lots of suggestions (and I'm not directing this at anyone, it's purely constructive), get thrown around which is great, but until people actually say, "Yes I'll do that", nothing ever gets done.

I'll get the ball rolling.

I'm happy to continue to do the website stuff, but I cannot guarantee I'll have time to visit parks or people or liaise with potential sponsors. So if the web site needs to be updated, I'm happy to do it.

HOWEVER, if someone else wants to have a go at it, contact me, I'm happy to hand it over.

So there's one roll filled, Webmaster.

I reckon we have the Chairman roll empty, I'm pretty sure Luke isn't around this year.

Hands up, who wants to be Chairman??

Treasurer. Tony's done a magnificent job in past years. I'm not sure if he wants to continue, but as it stands, Tony is still the Treasurer.

Helpers. Who wants to be a helper???

So as it stands, we have:

Webmaster roll - filled
Treasurer roll - filled dependant upon acceptance
Chairman roll - empty

Muster 2014.

Venue - Don't care
Date - Oct - Nov 2014
Start Day - Friday
End Day - Sunday
A formal Muster with sponsors and organised events - TBA
An informal Muster where we get together over a fire and snags - TBA

So who wants to put their hand up and become something??

There's been a bit of movement about the 2014 Muster already, including a poll and this thread on future musters.

You'll notice 2 things. First, there's a fair amount of interest in the 2014 Muster - 26 cars if my count is right, and if we announced it we might get more. We need a meeting to do that, and to do the more important thing - as you say, get some new blood into the committee.

And that's the second thing you should notice: those threads are by Sparra. I've invited him on to help with the committee and really, I'd like him to be chair. We need that meeting, and now that Sparra's finished moving house, we should start seriously getting that organised, get things ratified and get moving with 2014's event.

Will be at the muster for sure, also happy to help where possible and attend a meeting to discuss further.

Hello guys and girls, sorry I haven't been around but I've been flat out with building my NAVROL. (WHOO HOO I SHOULD HAVE IT FINISHED AND BACK HOME BY THIS COMING FRIDAY IF ALL GOES WELL) How about the muster being held in Victoria again since the VIC high country muster was cancelled. How about Dargo which has a pub and camp grounds and there is plenty of really good day drives for experienced, beginners and intermediate. It doesn't have to be there either, it's just a suggestion, or we could do one in the big desert. FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Good on ya Steve.

I move that Gonzo be unrealistically forced into a committee role because he's a good bloke. Can I have a seconder??????

OUCH

did we hit a nerve siringo ?
the chair is all yours mate, I don't wish to step on anyones toes
I will help if required, but certainly wont chair the comitee

cheers

Last edited:
Hit a nerve, no, not at all. I don't have time to be chairman. I was just pleased that someone made a decisive comment instead of a 'we could do this' comment.

Speaking of hitting a nerve, I must of because i see my last post was deleted??? why was that? did i say something wrong??

Speaking of hitting a nerve, I must of because i see my last post was deleted??? why was that? did i say something wrong??

You posted in the other thread, not this one ... I haven't deleted anything. Mistaken location? Lost in the wilderness?

Getting headspins fixing that new Ranga of yours? :tazzy:

Mate, all is good from here.

I just want to make a public correction to, and apology for, an earlier post in this thread - I invited Sparra to be on the committee, and we need someone from the committee to be chairperson. My choice of words was inappropriate.

I had invited Sparra to be on the committee and we need someone to lead the committee. I'm happy being Treasurer, I had a go at Chair and the event in Victoria was not received with much enthusiasm at all, so I'd rather not kill off another event!

I'll endeavour to choose my words a little more wisely in future.

Latest posts

Back