Gearbox & transfer breathers.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I ain't very mechanically gifted but I reckon I can fit a breather kit to my 2006 D22.

Factory one from the front diff looks good.

No hose from the rear so fitting one for that.

Can someone please help me out in locating and describing the breathers on the gearbox and transfer case.

Cheers.

rear diff breather just goes up into the chassi. just extend that and join into the gearbox breathers which i think run along by the fuel tank. pop underneath you should see it coming off the gearbox.

Thanks tweak'e.
Very helpful. Located all breathers now. No line from the rear but all others intact.

I hope Billett Race Craft take returns - because it's apparent I don't need the quad set up!

Or do the experienced lads suggest I fit them anyway or are the factory one sufficient for high country river crossings? (I will be fitting hose to the rear with a junction into the others).

Cheers.

2006 model doesn't have the breather going under the tray. Only has a breather nipple sort of deal like a sedan.

I got the barb from Nissan for the older model and fitted the breather pipe all the way to the engine bay.

Dave.

Thanks Dave - that's what I've got so I might follow your lead and chase up the barb from an older model

The others are all there and look good to me - can't see any reason to change them - unless someone can give me a good reason.

Cheers.

Guys.....

I know this is an old post...... but I've just had a look under my '03 D22 and noticed a pipeline coming off the topside of the back transfer box. It looked very similar to your fuel lines. I followed it along and down along the T'fer case x member over to the drivers side then followed it up to the front along with the fuel lines. Closer to the front another line teed into the one I was following. I cont'd to follow it up and into the engine bay..... This is where I found out that it was your Transfer Case and Gearbox Breathers. There's another one beside it which I assume might be the front diff breathers..... Question.... Do all D22 have these breathers as factory or has the previous owner of my car gone to great lengths to install aftermarket breathers?? If its a factory breathers, then it's the 1st 4wd that I've had that has gone to the effort of bringing the breathers all the way up into the engine bay...... I've never come across this on all the Toyotas I had b4.....
I haven't checked the rear one yet... I forgot to look....

they all have factory breathers for transfer/gearbox/front diff.
seams to be a bit of difference in the rear breather tho.

Latest posts

Back