Air Intake

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STC

Reaction score
I have noticed since I bought my 3.0 DX that when the daytime temp rises above 35 deg that the ZD30 seems to bog down and be less resposive.

I would like to know what are the options some of you may have used to change your air intake and what products you have used.

Cheers
STC

either intercool or fit water injection.

water/air would be neat and tidy. air-air works ok but usually have to remove pre filter to fit the pipes in for a front mount.

i've been looking at water injection and it should work well except for the large amount of water you need to carry. however add meths and you add power. also its the only way of getting below outside air temps. pre turbo injection will cool the incoming air so it runs like its a cold day. also it should increase turbo efficiency and help shove more air in.

air intake

Sorry tweak's,

Im looking for info for cold air intake like using a pod filter etc to the turbo.

STC

Sorry tweak's,

Im looking for info for cold air intake like using a pod filter etc to the turbo.

STC

pod filters etc won't do anything.

stock intake is from the inner guard not under the bonnet. you won't get any cooler, i doubt even a snorkel will get cooler.

to get air going into the turbo any cooler you would have to use water/methanol injection or an ice cooler.

intercooler will help but high intake temps makes the turbo less efficient.

Back