Solar Question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjwooly

Reaction score
Ok I have 2 x 80watt solar panels going on the roof of my Nav and plugging into a (soon to be) 120amp hr AGM battery in my ArkPac.Firstly is this enough to charge that battery in reasonable time if in the sunlight as a trickle charge or do I need to go bigger? (panel power wise)

Having absolutely no idea with this auto elec stuff,does this sound like an ok setup for say a few nights out camping with just the usual basic power needs of light(led's) and a 45L engel and maybe the the air pump?

Appreciate your thoughts:love sign:

Pjw

Last edited:
Forget the air pump, it'll use say 4-5A for a couple of minutes and cost less than half an amp hour in total.

Let's say your light budget is 10A and fridge is going to draw 0.5 * 24 * 3 (worst case) = 46Ah per day - that's what the solar panels are going to have to replace.

80W panels should be able to supply 6A for around 5 hours each day - that's 30Ah per panel (this is winter time, I'm referring to). With 2 of them, your power input is 60Ah, you're using (at worst) under 50Ah so you're 10Ah in the clear.

As Tony said, but a big thing to keep in mind is being aware of any shade that may encroach. This will have a large impact on the charge rates and you won't get near enough to cover the use.

Yep got the mono panels.Thanks for the replies guys ..it's a learning curve for me this auto elec stuff.

Attachments

• At Ashmore BMX Track 6 2014 021.jpg
    At Ashmore BMX Track 6 2014 021.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back