7 speed torque converter lock up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorthumper

Reaction score
I would love to fit a torque converter lock up switch. Just need to get a copy of the wiring diagrams. Anyone have these yet?

-

I went looking and found this interesting page. I'm going to continue reading, because there are some interesting side-links in there too. You'll notice (around halfway down the page) there's mention of a custom transmission controller. I have no idea what it costs, but could you imagine what we could do for Navara (or any auto) owners with that?

Tony,

I found the workshop manual for the 7 speed trans on the web, and now have enough info to wire a torque converter lockup switch in. The only problem is the trans TCM (transmission control module) is inside the trans. The sump therefore has to be removed to get access to the torque converter clutch solenoid wiring.

Here is the link:

www.infiniti-club.org/manual/2011_QX/TM.pdf

-

Even the 4-bangers suffer from an enclosed TCM, leaving the external circuitry restricted to CAN lines. Very likely to be designed that way to prevent just what you're trying to do (which wouldn't surprise me in the least).

I did write to Wholesale Automatics asking them about a TCC lockup switch for the YD25-powered Navara RE5R05A box and got no response. They have these for other models and even the Nissan Patrol with the RE4R03A box, but no response to my query so I became a little disappointed and now have doubts about their after-sales service if their pre-sales service is so lack-lustre.

Latest posts

Back