whats with the jack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equipt

Reaction score
I went to jack up the Nav today to put some new wheels on and found that the stock jack is useless, I had it on the correct jack point just under the front of the front door, I had a 2" peice of wood under the jack and even at full hight it was not enough to lift the front wheel off the ground. I had to go and borrow a mates trolly jack. I just hope that I don't get a flat anywhere I don't have acess to a biger jack. And I wonder how people with a lift kit fitted go about jacking up there Nav???

I carry 2 bits of 4 inch timber for that reason. There's no way mine would reach. The timber should also allow me to jack it up in the sand if I ever need to as it will effectively give it a bigger base.

I always jack under the lower A-arm, there's a little recess with nuts on threads and enough space for the head. No wood required, and safer.

Think yourself lucky.....I think it was 100 series cruiser from memory....flat rear tyre - can't even get the factory jack under it to jack up!

Yeah the factory jack is a heap of crap.

Never had a flat, only used it to check out the brakes.

Dave.

I always jack under the lower A-arm, there's a little recess with nuts on threads and enough space for the head. No wood required, and safer.

I attempted that in the driveway that is concrete, and on a little bit of a down hill slope, lucky I was being cautious because the jack sliped outwhen I was winding it up, no real consern as I thought it may happen.

I think I will do the same as shaggy and get a bottle jack.

I attempted that in the driveway that is concrete, and on a little bit of a down hill slope, lucky I was being cautious because the jack sliped outwhen I was winding it up, no real consern as I thought it may happen.

I think I will do the same as shaggy and get a bottle jack.

Either there's a change to the lower A-arm from the D21 to the very similar D22, or you were doing it wrong. Where I'm thinking of, it can't slip out.

I went to jack up the Nav today to put some new wheels on and found that the stock jack is useless, I had it on the correct jack point just under the front of the front door, I had a 2" peice of wood under the jack and even at full hight it was not enough to lift the front wheel off the ground. I had to go and borrow a mates trolly jack. I just hope that I don't get a flat anywhere I don't have acess to a biger jack. And I wonder how people with a lift kit fitted go about jacking up there Nav???

i did the exact same when i was fitting some new rubber, i couldnt belive nissan would supply a jack that is virtually useless. i now carry 2 big lumps of timber to compensate for the lack of height in the stock jack

Never needed to use the jack in my Nav and hope I wont need to but can anyone confirm whether or not these problems people are suffering are on all Nav's or are they on Nav's that have been lifted or had bigger tyres fitted, or both. Seems kind of stupid that the jack doesn't work properly with everything stock standard but then Nissan have done plenty of other silly things too.

I'll have to take a look at the D22 jack and suspension as obviously it must be completely and utterly different to the D21 for you all to have issues.

If it is the same, I stand by the factory jack. If you use it properly, it's perfect.

Correct jack point for the rear is on the curved axle recess in the rear leaf axle saddle.

Correct jack point for the front is the bottom of the lower a-arm, inside the pressed recess where the hub assembly bolts on.

A properly chocked vehicle can not and will not fall off when using these jacking points. An improperly chocked vehicle will fall off anything.

A lift does not affect the use of these points. Larger tyres will affect these points but since they're well within reach of the jack's stroke, you'd need to have at least 40" tyres before the jack runs out of steam.

Latest posts

Back