Attention D40 owners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitch76

Reaction score
Dont know if you saw this last year but I found it today

Nissan Motor Company (Australia) Pty Ltd—Nissan D40 Navara Cab/Chassis: Rear Combination Lamp Reflector
PRA number: 2009/10980
Date created: 17th August 2009
Product information
Product description
Nissan D40 Navara Cab/Chassis: Rear Combination Lamp Reflector
Identifying features
Campaign No PT009
VIN range:
MNTACUD40A000291—MNTACUD40A000408 (115 vehicles)
MNTNCUD40A0001786—MNTNCUD40A0002357 (429 vehicles)
What are the hazards?
Mechanical malfunction
What are the defects?
A concern has been detected relating to the rear combination lamp assembly fitted to these vehicles which may have been assembled with tail lamp lenses that do not contain a reflector.
Where the product was sold
National
Supplier
Nissan Motor Company (Australia) Pty Ltd
What should consumers do?
Contact a Nissan Dealer to arrange rectification of their vehicle. The rectification will consist of replacement of the rear combination lamp assembly lenses with the correct part. Print

I'm fairly sure I read that recall well before date listed in the OP and it was only applicable to early 09 models and anything created after May had the problem fixed.

It's a site worth checking occasionally because not all recalls get announced in the media. It's also a good site to check when researching something you're looking at buying (especially second hand) because you can tell if models have had a history of recalls or even if the item your buying has been fixed if it suffered a recall.

Although most people probably already know about issues relating to their cars you can check previous models from many makers as well as other items like fridges and tv etc.

With a model like Navara that has been basically the same for a few years now it's easy to see any issues or any fixes that have been done and if buying second hand it's a safety net a buyer can use to check things that should have been fixed that could potentially spoil their purchase.

Latest posts

Back