Bathurst 1000 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagMan

Reaction score
Hi all

I am thinking of driving from qld down to Bathurst this year for the big race.
Who has been? Any tips? Where to camp? Any thing i need to know?

All advice will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks Brett

I have never been to the race, but i was there couple of days before it a few years ago, the whole town was buzzing, it was awesome.

DON'T

bring

ANYTHING of VALUE

with you if you go

ANYWHERE NEAR

the animalhouse/ the hill or whatever its called or its very likely to be taken,

raped, pillaged, stoned, rolled or burnt to the ground or all the above.

Other than that, you'll have a bloody krankin weekend...

...and don't forget the aeroguard!

Just be open minded if you venture up there.:big_smile:

Don't take too much booze if its the same as it was back in the 90's when we used to go up there, the coppers used to search cars at the gates and there was something like a 2 slab limit per person for the weekend.

We used to take a VN Commodore sedan up there with a luggage rack on the boot lid (only time that boot lid got used) and tents etc in the boot but all the beer had to be stashed under the seats. Was a bugger removing all the seats and replacing them but we could manage an extra 5 slabs stashed in the car and the coppers only ever checked the boot and visible spots.

As much as there is an atmosphere there on race weekend atleast staying home with the mates and a big screen tv means you get to see everything that happens anywhere on the track.

Yep!

I much prefer to watch at home the whole race on the big screen/digital broadcast and amp, and volume up loud.

Its safer too.

Well we are officially now going. Campsite booked - camping at Max Cameron at the bottom of the track, behind the pit area.

There is a booze limit of one carton per person per day... that is still a shit load of grog,not as young as i once was..

Should be an experience. Any tips appreciated...

Where we are camping the fee is $140- per site for the 4 days. Pretty good value. Does not include the event entry tickets ($120 - $150)
Make a fast decision if you plan to go - only about 200 camp sites left - out of about 8000.

you can get all the info via the v8 supercars website.

Yep i am going , this is my 3rd year in a row, but have been going on and off for many years,
take plenty of WARM clothes it gets VERY cold specialy at night,
taking my young fella for the first time this year, both of us cannot wait.
Camping in the padock camp ground, its pretty safe and civil there :p

dont forget some comfy footwear, lots of walking to be done !
i usually travel down , the Sunday before the race, gives me a few extra days of RnR and enjoy all the hype,

There is something VERY special about that mountain, and from the moment i see it, i get goose bumps EVERY time ....

Enjoy

I used to travel there for the bike races, and we'd camp at Ben Chifley dam and ride around for the races each day.

But I haven't gone for the car races. I wouldn't mind going for a 24Hr race, the V8 Supercars haven't drawn me as much. But the circuit is something else - see attached. I couldn't resist!

Attachments

• B 01 - Practice Lap.jpg
    B 01 - Practice Lap.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 42
It's a pity Tander wasn't there with you Tony, even with the van on the back I bet you could have beaten him off the line.

I used to travel there for the bike races, and we'd camp at Ben Chifley dam and ride around for the races each day.

But I haven't gone for the car races. I wouldn't mind going for a 24Hr race, the V8 Supercars haven't drawn me as much. But the circuit is something else - see attached. I couldn't resist!

Good one!

:cheers!:

I've been talking to a few mates - i'd love to drive up from melbourne for the race. But i dont think it'll be this year (yet).

Had the ideal spot for the Easter Bike races and the cars in October as I used to study as an external study\ent at Mitchell College which backs onto the circuit. Had 2 residential schools each year one the week before the bikes and the other the week before the cars. Last few times up there was driving one of the medical cars but the mob I worked for lost the contract so I sit out the weekend in the leather recliner in the TV room at home these days. This year will be even easier as the car fridge sits nicely between the 2 chairs, cutting down on the number of "pit stops" required.....

Last edited:
As a certified ute nut, I have been a few times and just love it. I have experienced both ends of whats on offer for spectators (in the paddock through to a corporate box) and have concluded they're all great if you love car racing as much as I do.

This is my old love that I had to get rid of when the marriage when A over T...

Bathurst.jpg

Anyone who want to go to the 1000 this year, and does not have a camping spot,
100 new camp sites go on sale tomoz,
But i suggest you move quick, they will not last ( hours not days i suspoect )

go to the v8supercar website to book

Cheers

Mark

Last edited:
i haven't been but i want to go, a few mates are going this year so i might suss them out.
but i dont know if id stay there for the weekend cause i have family in orange so might just stay there.

If you go up to the snake pit take the bus up their.especially at night,it is an eye opener.Be prepared to duck and weave flaming toilet paper and fire works.If you drive up there be prepared to do a bloody good burnout or your car will be trashed or burnt or both.have fun

Latest posts

Back