D22 STR Rear Tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'Day To All,

Just wondering how much time & effort is in removing the rear tub of my yet to be driven Navara......Getting a H/D Steel Tray made up & Alluminium Boxes but they quoted me about $250 to remove the tub ??

Thought it might of been just as easy for me and a couple of mates to unbolt it and take it off, then just trailer it down to the Tray Builders..........(as will have no lights or mud gaurds)

Also is it possible to leave the rear stainless step on while fitting tray above it?

Any help or info would be great,

Cheers Matt

I think you're right, 250 is asking a bit much to remove some bolts. I have seen some trays which retain the rear step so it should be possible.

i've had a quick look a few weeks ago was going to remove the tray to get rid of my DX rear bar and replace with a STR rollbar i can't remember really what I saw but i think your looking 6 to 8 bolts, it didn't seem to hard i think all were reachable with a ratchet and spanner. $250 minus a carton for u n ur mates while u take the 30mins to do it is still $200 extra in your pocket and if you've got a trailer waiting go for it, or do what i was going to do while it was off and go for a good ol' drift session :)

$250 is a total rip off. they just don't want to be stuck with a tub to get rid of !

you should be able to undo it in 30min easy enough. 6 bolts i think, unplug wiring harness and unscrew the lights and number plate.

most crowds here reuse the stock lights. don't forget they will need a mount for the number plate.

Cheers guys, think I will most likely have a go myself with a couple of mates and a slab of johnnie walker. Have a tandem trailer ready to transport to Tray builders, have also purchased some LED Combination lights for the rear of tray and diodes. Hoping to leave steel step on under the new tray with number plate and lights mounted on.

Back