My nifty Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamjam

Reaction score
its an 06 model dx singlecab, picked it up bout 6 months ago with 24kms on the clock for a bargin price. i was mainly looking around for hiluxs but checked out the odd navara here and there, then this one came up. it was stock as a rock when i picked it up - except for side steps

DSC00231.jpg

its first camping trip
DSC00292.jpg

after bullbar and driving lights
DSC00414-1.jpg

and now...
DSC00437.jpg

stock flex :big_smile:
P3170597.jpg

atm the moment i have done to it:

tjm bullbar
nitestalker 215 series driving lights with ipf covers
i had it raised 35mm (wound up torsion bars and reset rear leaves) but since then i have put the bullbar on so the front has dropped a bit
headlight covers
lifted the tray to clear the fuel tank
reversing light
extended rear diff breather
31x10.5 goodyear wrangler duratracs on 15inch steel rims, got a set of 6 (only a week old today)

this week im gettin my brother to knock me up some new rear mudguards as the current ones dont cover the wheels anymore

in june i am off to central australia for some touring so not much more will be done till i get back

the future plans include:
snorkel
new torsion bars up front and new shocks all round
worklights and another reversing light
some underbody protection and rock sliders
if i ever need more power il be looking at getting a new exhaust, chip and WTA intercooler
and im sure along the way il think up more ways to spend money on it

cheers
gamjam

here is a close up of the new tyres as i know not alot of people are running them yet

P3160591.jpg

15mm tread depth

so far they have impressed me, the side lugs clear the mud fairly well but the middle clogs up. i easily made it up all the same climbs as what my mate in his landcruiser ute did with 32inch bighorns and front locker (maybe im just a good driver lol)

virtualy no road noise and they stop pretty good in the wet also

Great ute mate! Those Duratracs look the goods, I was going to put a set on mine but was quoted something rediculous. Good to see the ute gettin dirty...

Cheers Brad

cheers for the comments. its been a while since i have been on here.

yeah the dog loves the ute, and 4x4ing.

i cant fault the tyres at all, except they are too small haha.

the big plans for the future will happen when when these tyres wear out, not in order but it includes: 33s, 2 inch body lift, reduction gears, swap tranfer case for a stronger unit, possibly swap front diff also, front locker (not sure on auto or air locker yet, will see down the track), custom leafs in the rear and extended shakles (the extended shakles will probably happen when my current leaves sag back to standard), bucket seats instead of the current bench seat, 2 and a half inch exhaust, chip, WTA intercooler.

im sure i will get more ideas and loose some as time progresses :wink:

bit of an update.

2 inch extended shackles and 3 inch shocks are in.

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

still a little bit left in the springs and shackles. they are still standard springs so im happy with how much travel im gettin. the shocks are maxing out atm and it seems these ones are about as big as i can go on the standard mounts. if i go to an inverted setup and longer springs i can get some good travel happening.

threw on an idler arm brace.

insalled a gme 3220 uhf, new kenwood headunit and pioneer speakers.

i got the materials to do the sliders at home here just need to pull my finger out and get it done. il be changing over to bucket seats when i get some tax money back. the front shocks on this are pissweak, fade out quick and dont provide much dampening. will be investing in some foam cell units soon.

i made up the body lift blocks and after running around with them in for a few days i decided to take them out. was pointless to be driving around with them in untill i get bigger tyres which wont be happening anytime this year.

Wow its been a long time since I have looked at this thread. A bit has changed since last time I posted on here. I dont engage low range as much as I used to, I had enough of putting dints in my ute lol. These days its more touring and camping than anything else.

Since my last update I have added/done:

-Taipan 3inch exhaust and chip
-Taipan oil-air separator
-Egr block and butterfly mod
-Tjm snorkle and got a pre filter bypass
-120amp hour deep cycle battery mounted under the front drivers side of tray in checkplate aluminum box (redarc solenoid with 35mm square weld flex cable)
-shitty kingchrome toolbox at the front of the passenger side of the tray for all the tie downs and straps
-I made a canopy with a dog cage incorporated so we can bring the dogs with us when we go away (got 2 pure bred kelpies).
-70L poly water tank mounted under the tray, has gravity drain and a little pump to pump water up to a faucet above the tray so im not kneeling down to get water all the time (the pump bit is half completed, only put the tank in yesterday lol).

Purchased a 60L trailblaza fridge not too long ago also :D

Got some new rubber also, 245/75r16 bfg km2s. When I get on a computer il chuck up some pictures and go into a bit more detail. There is probably a few things im forgettin also :)

Forgot I have up set of calmini uca sittin in the shed, will be going on in the near future. Idler arm was worn also so I got a HD unit from snake racing

sounds great! keen to see some pics... why did you end up with 245/75 16's? I'm planning to go from the 245's to 31x10.5.. :cheers!:

Long story short I swapped my 15inch rims for 16s with a mate (both sets of tyres were bald). I got the 245s put on cause they have a better load rating and they are pretty much the same height as the 31s. Only downside is they are a bit narrower

some rough pictures of the canopy semi completed. i bought the materials 2 weeks before easter and busted my ass so i could use it over the long weekend.

loaded up the thursday before easter :)

since the photos i have pulled it off again and changed a few little things and made up the roof racks. gettin quotes for canvas this week. gettin the springs done up on wednesday too

the roofracks, got a 130w solar panel the permanently sits between the long gal sections

and the second battery box, front of tray drivers side

80L poly diesel tank, gravity drains into the main tank. got a T piece in the breather on the main tank. can get 82L of fuel in it. the filler for the tank is in the floor of the tray

ya cant quite see it in this photo but the 70L poly water tank sits infront of the diesel tank. its safe to say i dont have much spare room under the tray anymore

with the boat on top and all the shit that comes with it inside, camping gear plus enough beer to keep one sedated for 3-4 days i get around 7-7.5km/L (15-16 L/100) on the highway. once we hit the dirt the economy drops a bit more

also did a month long holiday with the mrs and our 2 kelpie dogs in may/june. went out to alice springs to watch the finke desert race. had a look at chambers pillar, lambert center (geographical centre of australia) ayres rock, kings canyon and a few other touristy places/things. 6750km round trip with 2000km of dirt.

Latest posts

Back