• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clutch or gearbox???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paullo

Reaction score
Hi i my mechanic put in all terrain clutch in my 2007 d40 since then i have notice it is hard to put in first gear when the car is running but stationary it has got progressive worse as is from now it is extremely hard to put in first and reverse when the car is running but stationary, would it be the clutch or gearbox?? The changing of gears when the car is moving or turned off is not a problem, has anyone had a problem like this or have some knowledge on this problem any input would be appreciated!!

What if you pump the clutch a couple of times before you try?
Is it any better?
Could be you need to bleed the clutch.

I been having the same problem in my d22 new clutch kit new every thing over $2000 on it this year turned out nissan used the wrong oil in the gearbox .changed it all to full synthetic oil and now it seems to be a hell of a lot better the gear box oil in mine was only 5000km old both if it's the wrong shit u would be surprised how much worse it can feel . Just something to think about. I was almost going to have my gearbox rebuilt at 60000klms good luck with it

Latest posts

Back