ZD30 STR won't start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIZ

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just found this awesome forum & would really like some advise. I will try to explain as best as I can so bear with me.

I own a ZD30DDT STR & I am having problems starting the car. I originally thought it was just a flat battery as I had been getting the battery warning light flash up everytime I started the car for a few weeks prior. Eventually it wouldn't start one day but was able to jump start it using another car but found it wouldn't start again later that day. In the end I had RACQ come out & eventually they were able to jump it using their monster jumper pack but only after connecting the black lead directly to the earth/ground cable to the engine.

Anyway, the next day I bought/installed a new battery & the car still wouldn't start. I checked all the fuses & even replaced the glow plug relay & still no go. I only replaced the relay because when I went to start the car there was a constant ticking coming from the relay as if it was cutting in & out. The battery was tested & was 100%.

My next course of action will be the starter & if that fails the alternator. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I only have average mechanical skills. I know how to test the starter motor but wouldn't have a clue how to test the alternator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

it sounds like bad earth. check the battery connections, they are crap and often even after fully tightened make poor contact. i threw mine out and fitted decent ones. also check earth from chassi to motor.

Mine did the same thing. Had to change alternator and put a brand new starter motor in it. will start just need some tyres and a new battery. can wait til i can afford lift kit and muddies tho

I agree with tweak'e, it sounds like a bad earth, what happens if you connect a jumper lead between the negative post on the battery and the engine itself, does it start then?

Latest posts

Back