Easter Wheelin?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES YES YES and YES
Whats going on?
Easter Sunday is out for me. Would like to say I'm a devout Christian but sad to say I have a serious piss up to go to that day - may as well write me off for Easter Mon too as I may well be a write off.
Fri or Sat I'm open and have no sick or injured animals nor any obligations.
Where are we going?

I was thinking an afternoon/ night run through Toolangi on Friday?
I'm open to suggestions and flexible to get as many trucks out there.

Or back down Gippsland way, This is a list of the tracks that typically get seasonal closures in May. Maybe we should try and find a few before the gates are closed?
Pills Road - Turner Road
BB Jordan Divide Road
Jericho Track
Victor Spur Track
Jims Track
Poole-Jordan Divide Road
Pooles Road
Gregory Road
Cream Can Hill Road
T-J Divide Track
Casper Creek Track
Violet Town Track
Park Road
Sucklings Road
Trig Track
Aberfeldy-Swingler Track
Upper Thompson Road
Basalt Hill Track
New Bell Track
Loop Road
Bell Track
Bell Link Road
Alstergren Track
Thompson Catchment
Little Boys Road
Tramline Road
16 Km Logging Road
Hut Road
Sharpe Road
Rojoe Road

Toolangi sounds bloody good to me and within striking distance of many. I'm up for mid arvo into dark run.
The tracks should be clear of easter traffic as many would have pulled up stumps and gone home or camped for the evening.
Toolangi is also a great venue with basic 4x4 through to a little bit of slightly serious. Better now than the depths of winter.
Now lets just see if our 92 year old D40 owner has got his ABS fixed so that he may bring along his BBQ for us to cook our mystery bags on!

Last edited:
:big_smile: Sorry guys,i'm off to Marlo with the missus and and another couple and their parents to do a bit of prawning followed by some drinking,fishing followed by some drinking,bbqing and drinking.
Hope to get in a scuba dive as well followed by some drinking.
Would love to do some wheelin as well but not while i'm drinking.
I'll be good for the weekend after though.

I have to treat mine gently, A Simpson desert crossing in May is a go ahead, Any takers?
9-10 day speed trip.

:big_smile: Sorry guys,i'm off to Marlo with the missus and and another couple and their parents to do a bit of prawning followed by some drinking,fishing followed by some drinking,bbqing and drinking.
Hope to get in a scuba dive as well followed by some drinking.
Would love to do some wheelin as well but not while i'm drinking.
I'll be good for the weekend after though.
Bah!
Should be in Marlo now! Full moon on Tuesday. This Sun Mon Tues is the best for prawning in the estuary and this is the prime time of the year. You'll miss it They all head to the eastern end ( Blue Hole ) on the rise of the full moon. Better off looking for the Bream around the junction of the Brodrib and the Snowy on the full to ebb tide during the day.
Following weekend though would be keen for some low range alsoso let me know what you've got planned

Sounds like a good plan, keep the info coming reguarding when and where the trip is planned, I may be able to attened depending on what day it is as Saturday is my birthday and I have family comming up from Moe so it would be a bit rude for me to ditch them to go 4X4ing.

I would also be super keen on the following weekend, I was thinking of trying to organise a bit of a run arround Wombat State Park, Aido I believe you may be able to point out some good tracks in that area:)

08KINGCAB sorry buddy - can't do much over Easter.
A mate and I are hoping to have a run thru some tracks in Gippsland soon with a view to organising a trip for the Vic Navs. Looking at areas around Aberfeldy - Walhalla and may take in a few of the High Country huts.
Will post when sorted.

Don't drink and post.......
I thought I had let you know well before I was out. Missus made plans on "our" behalf but I must of missed the post button and done something else. Sorry Jase.
Will definitely be out and about soon. Got to get the front end and suspension sorted and tyres are another debacle all together.

Back