Not happy with new d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slr7000

Reaction score
hey

this is my first post in this forum but i used it alot to reserch the d22 before i decided to buy.

i scored a blue 2010 compliced d22 with steel bullbar, snorkel, roof racks, rhino liner, cruise and the 6 star protection pack. i bought it from southcoast nissan in tweed heads and as soon as it was ready i set out on a trip to wa (i work out near kalgoorlie).

Got its 1000km service done at 1400km at cobar and kept goin that day. Other than the Nav bitch sayin i was doin 90km/ph when the spedo read 100 (alot of other d22 owners have the same prob and the dealer that done the 1000km service said it was reading fine, the gps satalites must be wrong!) other than that she was goin strong, i noticed from that point when pulling out of servos and after piss stops pulling back onto the road the rear diff was clunking as if the lsd was over tight and the axles wer flexing, this got worse and worse by this stage i was traveling across the nullabor with little options but to keep goin.

I also started to notice under very light accleration she was developing and squeel in the arse end like a wheel bearing was fukd or somthing? this was less noticeable with cruise on but when off it end up being the whole eay threw the rev range when traveling, i stoped at the next town, Cocklebiddy, (Id stayed there before with nice people and comfortable beds) Called roadside assist at about lunch time and they put us in a room 4 the nite and a tilt tray turned up about lunch the next day.

Not the best feeling spending nearly 40k on a new car and it being on the back of a tow truck with only 3500kays on the clock and less than a week after delivery and nearly 1000km to a familiar bed! We got a lift home with the truck and the ute was left at kalgoorlie nissan that nite.

Called the dealer the next day and they knew nothing about the car they didnt even know why it was there or who owned it.... took em a week to have the diff apart and order the parts. they say its going to be a minimum of 3 weeks just to get the parts! Awsome... I requested a hire car and they are going to offer me up to $50 a day towards a hire car.

Im really pissed. we had a 4x4 trip planned over easter and because of their lack of workman-ship in the factory im without my new 4x4 and they are offering me a hyundia getz or some other shitbox. Ive found Nissan very hard to deal with over the phone their customer service is shit but the lady at nissan kalgoorlie i talk to is being very good and as helpfull as she can be.

Im sure im the 1% of custmers that are very unhappy but this being my first brand new car this experience has turned me off nissan, ive always been a huge holden man and i regret every day now that i didnt buy a colorado.

If anyone has any advice or knows a way i can get a 4x4 hire car of nissan please let me know. Thanks

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like diff was not put together properly. unfortunately build problems do happen. pays to give a few thousand km's to suss out any major bugs before doing any big trips.

pity about the slack service, nissan customer service seams to leave a lot to be desired.

unfortunately build problems do happen. pays to give a few thousand km's to suss out any major bugs before doing any big trips.

pity about the slack service, nissan customer service seams to leave a lot to be desired.

+1............:angry:

Sorry to hear about your woes Ben.

Going on Nissan's track record you are lucky to have got what you have out of them. Good luck with everything.

yeah mate.... I wouldn' bother with southcoast nissan in tweed either I bought my D22 there in 2008 I got a great deal 31k driveaway but from the very frist time i went back for the free 1000km service they seemed like wank%$s and didn't give a shit if i had any complaints or questiosn abotu things it was doing or nois's i was hearing.... they wouldn't even correct the steering wheel when it was off centre from the very first day i picked it up! apparently it sat perfectly straight when the front wheels were aligned on there wheel alingment hoist!

Just had my D22 in at Nissan for 8 days to fix bearings in gearbox, only had 29k on the clock. They were actually pretty good to deal with, as for a hire/courtesy car I ended with a brand new Nissan Tida for 7 days and an old traded D22 for the 1 other, on the invoice I got as I had it serviced at the time, they noted the hire/courtesy car down as an insurance claim through Nissan and it only cost me around $66 for the 8 days, not a 4WD but a car at least. Try that on them maybe.......?

Ben, I notice that this is your first brand new car. I've had 6 or so brand new cars so far, and every one of them has had a problem or two. Actually the 2001 XR6 had about 8 in the first 3 months. All were fixed under warranty - that's what the warranty is for. I'm sure you'll find that once your Nav is fixed, you'l have a great ute. I work on the idea that if i get a car with no problems, fantastic, but I'm always prepared for some 'issues' with a new car.

Push the dealer to get the vehicle back on the road as soon as you can, and then put it behind you. Easy for me to say, but I had a similar, but not as bad, experience with the above XR.

The D22s are eseentially a very good ute with a pretty solid reputation. Your will look after you for a long time.

keep on to them mate and ask for a due date not an estimated one. write down all your phone calls and try to use email so u have a paper trail.

my new 5 month old nav been of the road for 4 months and im still waiting for a new engine.

because of nissan australias customer service i will never buy another nissan and i will be selling the one i have when it gets back on the road

I have EXACTLY the same diff problem, developed at the same KM as well. My vehicle has been at Metro Nissan Brisbane for over 2 weeks, and counting, with around 2000km on the clock. They told me the same as you, 3 weeks to get parts. They were going to give me a Getz too, but I said they have to provide me with a similar vehicle to my D22, that's what I bought from Nissan so I want something similar while they fix mine. They got me a single cab triton, which is not really similar to my D22 dual cab STR, but nevertheless it's more similar than a Getz. Mate my advice would be to just hold your ground and do not budge or compromise - you need to be a bit of a prick to get shit done. In the end they will give in, you've just got to maintain your line and don't back down. If they won't give you a 4x4 hire car then insist they give you one of their 4x4 demo vehicles or one that they have traded in. Keep hammering them till you get what you want.

mate I know how shitty Nissan customer service can be, it took me 2 weeks to get the f'ing serial code for the stereo on my wifes X-Trail after a battery change --- frustration plus.

just as has been said, keep a record of your correspondence with them (email is better) and get into them every day until you've got what you want. If you fork out $38k for a new car, you should be able to reasonable expect that that vehicle will be fine and in good working order.

Thanks for your advice guys, i do understand that some new cars are going to have dramas i just didnt expect the hassle they made me go threw to try get a car while mine was off the road.

Good news, Kalgoorlie Nissan just rang and said Nissan are goin to pay for any hire car i want! looks like all my bitchin payed off, hopefuly i can pick it up tomorow or wed.
Now was that too hard?

ill let cha's know what i get and how it all goes

keep on to them mate and ask for a due date not an estimated one. write down all your phone calls and try to use email so u have a paper trail.

my new 5 month old nav been of the road for 4 months and im still waiting for a new engine.

because of nissan australias customer service i will never buy another nissan and i will be selling the one i have when it gets back on the road

Why do you need a new engine?

I'm contemplating writing a letter to nissan requesting a pro-rata reimbursement of my monthly car repayments, for the time my vehicle has been in their possession (will be at least 3 weeks). I don't mind a bit of shit-stirring on the odd occasion.....

What a shocker!

Always a great idea to ask to speak to the dealer principal or just continually ask to speak to whom the individual your speaking with reports too. Obviously without sounding like too much of a w$nker, if possible.

slr7000

How are you tracking? I got a call from Nissan this morning, they are now saying our new D22 diff's won't be here until June....

Sounds like some time in june the way things r going, i talked to the guy organising the hire car today and he said they have it booked till the 14th of may because thats the eta for the parts but he said if they dont turn up i will have it for 2 week intervals after the 14th.
I pick up a hilux dual cab 4x4 tomorow.
im seriouly thinkin of goin an arb locker in the rear as i was thinkin of doing somhing with the front anyway. ill have my car back in a week if i do it that way.

Why do you need a new engine?

dont wanna hijack the thread but if u have a look at the link "deseased nav" its got my story there how cr*p nissan customer service is.

at the moment im in discussion with them on compensation which they call "a guester of good will" which wont come close to how much money i have lost ( repayments, insurance, rego, depreciation of vehicle, loss of work and inconvenience) and it has too be in nissan geunuin accessories.

good luck to anyone battling nissan. my advice talk to the customer service center team leader and document everything.

Back