Redback Exhausts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Ho Folks,

Anyone have one of these?

Went to Farmworld today and got quoted around $1000-00 for a 2.5" full system - including fitting.

They had one on display and it looked okay to me.

Just had a look and this is there summary

"The 3 litre 4 cylinder turbo diesel D22 Navara Ute bolt on system includes a 2.5" cat back engine pipe, a 2.5" connecting pipe & a rear muffler/tail pipe assembly. This system bought the peak torque back by 350rpm"

If you were quoted $1000 for this I would say its a rip off, you can get a 2.5 turbo back system from 'Exhaust Shop' in Victoria for $420 (supply only) would'nt cost too much to get it fitted.

STC

Okay lads - here's what I got back when I did an enquiry - can anyone help me out - is this okay or do I need to replace the dump pipe?

"The system we offer for the Navara is manufactured by Redback Exhausts in Australia unlike many of the Chinese copies flooding our Market. It carries a two year warranty. The system is manufactured out of quality materials & is mandrel bent for optimum flow. The system is cat back & does not require a replacement dump pipe.

NISSAN
NAVARA UTE
3.0ltr 4CYL TURBO DIESEL
D22 03/02 - 2007

Fitting Time : 1 HR

Retail inc GST $827.00

STR 5030EP
Engine Pipe 2 1/2" - Cat Back

STR 5031CP
Con Pipe 2 1/2"

STR 5032
Muffler & Tailpipe 2 1/2"

Fitting extra $77

In my opinion two of the biggest restrictions in the stock system is the dump pipe and cat, not changing them means the rest is wasted money.

on the ZD30 3 litre the biggest restriction is the main muffler, and most of that is by the necked down entrance of the muffler.
thats certainly the biggest improvement for the $$$. the dump pipe helps but not as much as the main muffler.

Latest posts

Back