Bleeding after replacing fuel filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam777

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone found a way of bleeding the fuel system after replacing the fuel filter on their V6 without using the supplied priming pump?

Last time i had it replaced i was lucky there was another V6 in at the same time so that pump got used on my truck so mine is still brand new, it's at the back of the seat right behind a baby seat and i don't really want it smelling the car up! I've tried all the normal things like filling the new filter up with fuel, cranking it over for days etc but they didn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If you have a brake bleeder or something similar that will work...and its a lot more efficent!! Any dramas send me a pm
Dave

I don't understand why using the primer to pump up the fuel and pressure will stink out the car??
When ever I have used any primer no actual fuel comes out around the primer itself unless the fuel line is disconnected.
Is it just a normal primer bulb or plunger?

The 550 setup is shit to say the least..you are drawing the fuel through along with the air..being crd any air causes a drama but the plunger draws small amounts of fuel still. The reason they have it in the resealable bag is for that reason!

i don't know what system they have but a few things that can help,
electric lift pump
compressed air into the tank vent
tap to block off fuel line so fuel doesn't drain back to tank
T a tap in as an air bleed, simply pump till fuel comes out.

Latest posts

Back