Before and after shots of 2" lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty_74

Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I'd post some before and after shots of my recent 2" lift.
Put a pair of Lovell springs on the front and reset the rear leaves, new shockies all round.
Turned out to be 55mm lift at the front wheels and 70mm at the towbar, a bit more than 2 inches.
Pretty happy with the ride and the height just have to take back to them as I have a bit of a camber issue on the front wheels, leaning in at the bottom of wheels. (more so on the right)
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it's an easy fix?

cheers

Arty

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
Thanks Jason.
Supposedly it was and I did ask if they would as it was pulling a little to the left before the lift, but I suspect not so I will be taking it back for a further look in a couple of days.

Thanks Matt, I know makes the wheels look small. I want to upgrade to a set of rims but my dilemma is I have near brand new 265/70R16 Bridgestone Duellers at home off my last car (Prado) that got written off, they are a little wider and slightly bigger diameter than the standard 255's currently on there at the moment. So to utilise the tyres I have I'll have to purchase 16" rims.
Do you guys think it will fill in the gaps enough?

They get a much better rap than the 693 factory fitted model. Depends what you plan to do with the truck I suppose.

wow 55mm front lift thats why the cambers are crying...most place recommend 35mm max lift but some have reached 40mm..anything more you need aftermarket upper contriol arms calmini/fabtech

Camber should be positive not negative on these front ends.
I've only heard of 2WD D40 having problems after lifting because of no lower control arm adjustment.

wow 55mm front lift thats why the cambers are crying...most place recommend 35mm max lift but some have reached 40mm..anything more you need aftermarket upper contriol arms calmini/fabtech

No offence mate but have you seen first hand that this is the case? Everyone talks about it, but mine is up 75mm at the front with no problems.

I have had so many people try and convince me that you cannot do it, and yet have seen so many with lifts bigger than 40mm without any drama.

No offence mate but have you seen first hand that this is the case? Everyone talks about it, but mine is up 75mm at the front with no problems.

I have had so many people try and convince me that you cannot do it, and yet have seen so many with lifts bigger than 40mm without any drama.

mate i hope ur right cause im not to keen to spend $4000 on a 4" lift. arb(ome)/tjm(rhs)/ironman/toughdog/efs suspension all cried about pos camber even after wheel allignment...i havent seen one 1st hand cause they wont do a vehicle greater than 35mm...it sucks.

what build uis ur d40 (thai or spain) and can u tell exactly what lift u have as im ready to spend $2500 for 75mm lift. how did u measure it btw...from centre of cap to to under guard??

Thanks mate

mate i hope ur right cause im not to keen to spend $4000 on a 4" lift. arb(ome)/tjm(rhs)/ironman/toughdog/efs suspension all cried about pos camber even after wheel allignment...i havent seen one 1st hand cause they wont do a vehicle greater than 35mm...it sucks.

what build uis ur d40 (thai or spain) and can u tell exactly what lift u have as im ready to spend $2500 for 75mm lift. how did u measure it btw...from centre of cap to to under guard??

Thanks mate

Mine is a spanish ST-X dual cab. It has (supposedly) 2 inch lift EFS heavy duty leaf springs and lovels heavy duty coils. It is a bit over sprung hence the higher lift. It is meant for steel bar, but my sahara bar really isnt heavy enough to squat it down. In the back there i generally only canopy, fridge, spare battery and steel rear bar. Though even when we really load it up to go camping, it only squats down to about where it probably should really be. My whole setup only cost around $1500, PM Zordo, he will be able to get you the exact same setup as mine for around the same cost.

I have done 20,000kms on that setup now with no issues.

Could someone also teach me how to "quote" correctly as I'm new at this lol.

I just hit the quote button at the bottom of their post and write under it. You can edit their quote by just taking out what text inside the quote tags isn't relevant, just make sure you have the [ QUOTE=personsname etc] at the beginning and a [/QUOTE ] at the end.

Back