Stx v6td Radio stuck on and weird gear changes.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banditrides

Reaction score
This morning I got in the car and plugged my phone into the USB and noticed it wasn't charging, radio was on but no power going to USB port.
I tried to turn the radio off and on again but no response from any of the head unit or steering wheel controls.
I turned off the ignition and restarted the car and the head unit had nothing on the screen at all and the volume was stuck up loud and I couldn't turn it off.
I needed to be somewhere so I had to drive for 1.5hrs with the radio stuck on high!
I also noticed the gear changes were different to usual, it felt as if it was a gear to high at low speed through round-abouts and intersections causing a bit of lag. I also noticed it was holding a gear down hill for ages to making the revs go up higher than usual. It wasn't much of a difference but before I couldn't fault the gear box, it worked perfectly and always seemed to be in the right gear at the right time.
The other strange thing it did was make a loud noise on 2 slight hill starts that I can only discribe as the sound of a really loud fan or a truck taking off beside you.
The radio came good eventually after restarting later that day.
Has anybody else had these issues?

Last edited:
The other strange thing it did was make a loud noise on 2 slight hill starts that I can only discribe as the sound of a really loud fan or a truck taking off beside you.

The loud fan is normal. Mine does it on occasion after start up but it doesn't last long 10 seconds or so. only occasionally does it however.

-

mine too does do the loud fan noise from time to time but like it has been already said not very often.

i don't however agree with the gearbox been faultless, mines a prick of a thing! doesn't know what it's doing, gets confused at every opportunity and spends half of it's life slipping like it's an old shagger with a worn out clutch! :rofl2:

in my opinion the bloke who decided a 370z gearbox should be fitted in a V6 diesel navara and then went on to programme the box with the software they did is on par with the bloke who introduced cane toads into this country!

Up until now I had no idea what everybody was complaining about with the gearbox but it's has been a bit off this week although still nothing like yours by the sounds of it.

Latest posts

Back