New Clutch NOR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cometbreeze

Reaction score
Looks like i might be nearly due for a replacement clutch in my '09 D22. 110K
Any one here done theirs and can recpmmend type and good experienced NO BULLSHIT mechanic up NOR to do the job and what kind of price will i expect ?

Cheers Brosephs:rock:

Depends on the clutch mate. Standard clutches are obviously cheaper, but it comes down to the type of driving you do. I had an excedy sports tuff clutch chucked into mine because I tend to hammer my clutch when im beach driving.

I have the invoice tucked away somewhere, but fair to say it was up around the $1400 mark possibly more. While the gearbox was out I also had them replace the rear main seal and machine face of the fly wheel. It wasn't necessary, but the rear main seal is about $140 and the cost of dropping + refitting a gearbox alone is a good chunk of money.

Last edited:
I use Glide Automotive in Wangara. Haven't had major mechanical work done but servicing and replacing broken wheel bearings has all been very reasonably priced.

Go to the yd25 web site, they are good to deal with and have two types of clutches (I think).

Yeh cool, I think ill go the way of a heavy duty clutch as it's chipped and boosted and do do a fair bit of beach driving aswell plus towing the camper, so makes sense ! Sounds like a PITA job, torsions bars to come out before the box so yeh someone else can do it.
Agree with main seal and flywheel too while their at it funds depending.

What's the pedal like with the Excedy ? Any difference ?

It was a little stiffer at the beginning, but not uncomfortable. Once broken in it almost feels exactly the same.

Back