my new d40 st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk

Reaction score
it took me a few tests to work out how to post the photo! ;

P1000005.jpg

P1000020.jpg

I am getting 5 bfg a/t lt 265/70/16's next week, along with the hayman reece towbar and hopefully the lift the week after. gotta say i love it so far!

ta jason. i had a chat to the service dept befor i took delivery about aftermarket stuff. they told me that with safari snorkels ( the one i was going to get) can collect objects that will go into the engine and destroy it at my cost! they are prob only trying to scare me. maybe i should stay safe and get the nissan / airtech one!?

Yeah thats just dealer rubbish, get whichever one you prefer, looks-wise or performance-wise.

I prefer the Nissan/Airtec look, I think they are much of a muchness performance-wise. You can turn the Safari head around if that is something you think will benefit.

Nice mate! Yeah the dealers are full of crap, the objects still have to get through the air filter before they can get to the engine. I havent found any foreign objects in my air box.

Your ST looks great. Mine is due any day now, so have booked flights for the Gold Coast to go get it. Have organised a Rhino Liner for the tray and also a new roller slider cover. As we're 5th wheel owners, we'll have to make sure that the cover will clear the hitch, but we'll know once we get the hitch installed. The roll bars will be coming off as soon as we get it.

I share your enthusiasm.

Steve

thanks steve, ive done about 300 ks so far this weekend! love it!
i will be getting a rhino liner too.
i look forward to seeing some photos of yours too.

james

Your ST looks great. Mine is due any day now, so have booked flights for the Gold Coast to go get it. Have organised a Rhino Liner for the tray and also a new roller slider cover. As we're 5th wheel owners, we'll have to make sure that the cover will clear the hitch, but we'll know once we get the hitch installed. The roll bars will be coming off as soon as we get it.

I share your enthusiasm.

Steve

the roll bars do not seem to be worth much. However my dealer called me a week after delivery asking if he could have the roll/sports bar - i said everything has a price - he swapped me a set of front and rear rubber nissan car mats, some stubby coolers, hats and t-shirts. Also few golf games on their sponsored days. DEAL. ( they wanted it to "dress up an RX model)

brett

the roll bars do not seem to be worth much. However my dealer called me a week after delivery asking if he could have the roll/sports bar - i said everything has a price - he swapped me a set of front and rear rubber nissan car mats, some stubby coolers, hats and t-shirts. Also few golf games on their sponsored days. DEAL. ( they wanted it to "dress up an RX model)

brett

That's a score there alright.

Damn right it's a good score, mate if mine in Perth buying an 08 was told by the dealer that it would cost $850 to have the bars removed before delivery. I wasn't game to ask my dealer to remove them after I heard that story so they just got ripped off and stuck on the mezzanine of the old mans shed, had they offered me a set of stubby holders they could have had the damn thing.

I share your enthusiasm.

Steve

Hi Steve...i am awaiting my new st d40 aswell..apparently it is at the dock in Brissy...should be here in Lismore NSW by the end of next week....What colour did you go for?i am getting a burning red one...haven't seen to many of them as yet...hope it all goes well for you
cheers Andrew

Geebuz they sit low.
Not meaning to piss on your parade here JayK but I reckon the ST / STX only has an inch more clearance than a comondoor. Just that your pictures illustrate this.
No wonder there is a booming market for lift kits.

Well done on the fastest lap around the TG circuit though!

Geebuz they sit low.
Not meaning to piss on your parade here JayK but I reckon the ST / STX only has an inch more clearance than a comondoor. Just that your pictures illustrate this.
No wonder there is a booming market for lift kits.

Well done on the fastest lap around the TG circuit though!

Not to piss or your piss take of D40's but it was suggested to me several days ago that one must be very literal when discussing technical specs and the like so I'd just like to clear up that a standard VN Commodore sits at about 143mm, and a D40 sits at about 217mm which isn't quite an inch.

While the D22 is higher than the D40 (standard according to Nissan only sits at 223mm or thereabouts) and in a pic like that above you'd be hard pressed to even see a difference of 8mm.

Obviously there is a fine line between literal and pedantic and I decided to cross it just for the sake of it.:suicide:

for me it was a toss up between the hilux and the nav. the hilux can only tow 2250kg, think the d22 is 2800. i need the 3 tonne limit.
sorry to let u down aido, but so far i love it. even if it has only slightly more clearance than a commodore. ..parade ..maybe, but i am proud of the car i bought!

cheers,

jk

Back