which tyre will be better?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk

Reaction score
nissan finance and i have just bought a st d40. it came with dunlop grand trek at 20's 255/70/16. i have got 5 bfg at 265/70/16's on order. the cost is i think $315 each, but i can trade the grand treks for about $120 .
the car is primarlily for work and towing, but i will get it set up for 4wding with a lilft bullbar etc. ..am i being foolish in changing the tyres so soon? just after a little extra advice!

personally i would wait until the standard feet are stuffed. Unless you are doing some serious 4wding save the $$ and put towards something else...

be aware that the ST is different enough that not all ST-X parts/mods will fit. So far i have found that bull bars / bash plates & black widow storage boxes do not fit without modification.

You would think that suspension bits would be the same - but check everything...

265/75/16's are a more common choice, but it depends on your needs. you'd get more then 120 selling privately, they are worth more then that

i was worried about getting crappy low down torque with 75's because i will be towing. just read on other posts. if its not an issue i would def go for the 75s

might be a good idea, might be someone here with 75s on a D40 that tows a decent load that can give you real info about how it goes.

I wouldn't pay anymore than $25 for a OEM tyre, thats probably as much as Nissan paid.
I traded mine for a free wheel alignment when I had the BFG A/T fitted. I paid $265 for the A/T Nov 08, just bought some BFG Muds for $315, prices have gone up when the Aus dollar has improved, so we are getting ripped!

Damn straight about getting ripped, I bought US tyres as well, no price drop.

I would wait until the stock tyres wear then replace (Will only take about 15 months if mine are anything to go by!). If you can get around on crappy stock tyres think how good a driver you will be with good tyres!

Back