Yalwal / monkey gum day trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathand22

Reaction score
If anyone is keen for a day trip down to Yalwal this saturday let me know.

So far we have,

Jayson07 in his kitted out D40

PBK1776, ln106 Hilux with the big V6 in it

Nathand22, in the Ranga .

who else as nothing on this Saturday and wants to get amongst it?

You will need to have a lift and some decant rubber as a must and anything else is a bonus.

Just wondering Nathan , for those of us that don't get off road much, driver ability aside what kind of mods would be required to a 22 or a 40 to do that track. After looking at mofos photos it got me thinking about what you would require. Ben

G'day Ben, you will get through it with a 2" lift and a good pair of boots, it wont be a walk in the park but you will get through.

D40's need to have the side steps taken off, a set of sliders or steel steps would be a good thing for the lower chassis and sills.
underbody bash plates would also be good but not a dead set must have because the majority of the trail is clay, dont get me wrong there are rocks on the trail and some that need to be given some care.

Last edited:
Taa Nathan I have been away from here for almost twelve months playing car stereos, so reacquainting myself with the place. I really like the ranger by the way. Probably my next work ute. Three kids in the back of a d22 is interesting. Especially when one has her feet on the sub box haha. Priorities.

Yeah top day mate, that D40 of yours went really well, the 5" cal lift and airlocker has turned it into a great ute.
Wait for Raff to get his LOKKA in and the old LUX will be awesome.

Glad you liked the trail mate, its for sure one of my favourite tracks.

Far out Nath and jays you guys are home already :) lol got back half an hour ago cleaned the lux on the driveway before mrs gets home with the kids :)

Great day today went well and fast :)

Thanks Nath and it is a pleasure to meet Jayson and Naomi

Next time again

Far out Nath and jays you guys are home already :) lol got back half an hour ago cleaned the lux on the driveway before mrs gets home with the kids :)

Great day today went well and fast :)

Thanks Nath and it is a pleasure to meet Jayson and Naomi

Next time again
mate its always fun wheeling with ya, im a fan of the Lux mate cant wait for you to pop that Lokka in.

will try and put up a few pics.

When lokka is in ill get my car fully serviced again then should do a shakedown before the muster

By the way with the muster - want me to put it in face balls?

When lokka is in ill get my car fully serviced again then should do a shakedown before the muster

By the way with the muster - want me to put it in face balls?

yeah mate for sure, put it in with links to the web site.
there are links on there with itinerary and raffle info we have more prizes then what it says on the site but they are almost all on there.

So much flex on the rear the tyre munched the side of the rear guard and had to get the hammer to fold it back in

Latest posts

Back