Stripped splines in torsion bar adjuster

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOUG D22

Reaction score
Has any body else ever stripped the splines out of there torsion bar adjuster?? Hit big wash out on dirt road and bang.. Stripped out..????

Have heard of it before, usually only happens when the torsion bars aren't installed properly.

Dave.

Have heard of it before, usually only happens when the torsion bars aren't installed properly.

Dave.

how do they not get installed properly, it not rocket science! knock them in to the stops, there splined- adjusted them up and jobs done..

how do they not get installed properly, it not rocket science! knock them in to the stops, there splined- adjusted them up and jobs done..

Hit it on the head, the circlip isn't put back in to keep them seated properly!

All the spline isn't being used as far as I know.

Hasn't happened to mine but have heard of it a few times.

Dave.

Jees thats a bugger,I got mine adjusted up about a year after i got it becuase there was almost no travel between the wishbone and bump stop which was making it rough in the front .but realy good now.

its happened to me befor a a few months ago i was 4x4 with a few mates i hit a massive rock going up a steep hill all i heard was a loud bang like someing snaping lol
the drivers side front the teethe sheared off inside of the bracket i had to drive about 120ks home doin about 70 kph on the high way it looked like a low lux lol and my god was it a slow and bouncy ride home

Mate that happend to me last easter. was lucky enough to get towed 2 hours to racq, with nissan just down the road.

I got my lift kit installed by TJM in Dandenong. Was going to the ute muster as soon as It was done as it was on the thursday night before the ute muster starts. anyway, its 5:00 its done yeehah, watch them drive it out for a test run to make sure its all sound, comes back looking lower on one side lol. teeth had sheered big time. these dickheads couldn't get one and wanted to sort it out the next day. I cracked it ended up making them find one at a wreckers, and by 9:00 oclock got it sorted, but had the torsion bar wound down, just in case, now im too lazy to wind it back up, that was 4 months ago lol. they had the nerve to try and charge me for the wrecked part didn't work but i mean come on? its not my problem..

they are the same length, its a case of them not pushing them in far enough. Scotty not sure that twisting would shorten them any measurable amount.

I got tough dog torsion bars. The teeth on the bars are actually longer, so when u stick them into the socket fully, you still see the teeth? I just think these guys are retards. I'm not going to tjm ever again.... you ask questions, and these guys pull out books, and google shit. they haven't even got a hoist.....

Pretty sure this has just happened to mine, had my new EFS torsion bars installed under 2 months ago (installed by mechanic) brother was driving it, said he hit a bump doing 90 and said it felt like the tyre deflated and just leant over to the passanger side, local mechanic came out and reckons that this maybe the case which is good as i thought i had stripped a torsion bar.

From what I remember from installing mine that the torsion bars are directional and were name LHS and RHS and had to go in a certain way to stop that happening

My adjuster stripped the splines about 2 months ago, the torsion bars were inserted properly and circlipped, but they were wound up and had done nearly 250000 miles. the spline runs right through the adjuster so if you carefully grind out the indexing tab and do some welding and grinding you can flip the whole adjuster over and use it upside down.
the bars themselves seem to be worn out too as ride height keeps dropping slowly.
Anyone know where to get heavy duty bars and adjusters cheap?

this just happened to me on friday just got towed back to brizzy from janowen hills 4x4 park.
i just hit a rut in the dirt track where two tracks crossed
i have an aftermarket lift in with hd torsion bars will my warranty cover this or should i just get the part from a wreckers??

they make a loud bang when they let go
i got a replacment from the wreckers for $90 each
14012012416.jpg

Latest posts

Back