bloody wasps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman_dave

Reaction score
victoria is having a wasp problem and i got attacked on saturday on the spur. i was coming back from riding in narbethong when a wasp came into the car and started buzzing round my face. i look for a place to pull over but i pulled too quickly and this happened. ran into a 20cm ditch along the side of the road. tyre popped out and the steering was knocked so it pulls heavily to the left. the lights still work and the tyre wasnt damaged so we pumped it back up and drove carefully home........ i think from now on i have my windows up and the fan on.

im going to call jap heaven on thursday to see if they have some parts. sending the car off for an alignment tommorow.

Attachments

• 23552_414863316437_623991437_5589646_2298333_n.jpg
    23552_414863316437_623991437_5589646_2298333_n.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 75
Bummer about the car, ditches are never a good thing to pick on, they usually win.
Did you tell the wasps they are a problem?
Can't say I've seen any more or less wasps lately, although it would stand to reason that if we had more wasps in the country some city bureaucrat would decide we should share them with the city.

nah it was long gone after i got out. not a big fan of euro wasps. or huntsmen. tho never had a huntsman in the car driving or stationary. luckily i wasn't on the other side or it would have been a different story.... easy fix just gotta touch up the front guard, replace the indicator and realign the steering. no biggy

Sorry about that mate. I think I've got a few free left hand indicators you can pick from if you're up my way any time soon.

Last edited:
Not good mate, good luck with the repairs.

I remember years ago driving a old KC Laser and having a huntsman spider walking along the dash toward me. I stopped real quick and then flicked him out of the car with a sheet of paper.

Dave.

Been a few wasps hanging around here in the last month.
A couple of weeks ago i was sitting outside having a beer with
a can of mortein beside me when one got a bit close.
I gave him a good spray,he then flew away for about five meters,
did a super fast u turn and nailed me in the guts.
Didn't hurt as much as i thought it would,left a bit of a mark for a week.

Was working at the Optus tower in Park Orchards last week and a few of those buggars took a liking to my BBQ chook and chips and more kept coming so I thew a chicken leg a few metres away to distact them so I could finish my lunch dammit.
Within about 15 mins there must have been the whole Farkin family dinning on the chicken leg..bloody pests

got an alignment done today but heres the funny part: i gave him the keys and he drove away and did an alignment on my mates car! same car different year and colour! he nearly fainted when his car was missing! luckily it had all been a mistake though. he got a free alignment out of it and his car back in one piece. shows what warn barrels are like eh?

they had a bit of difficulty aligning mine as it was so way out, but they managed to do it and its okay. steering feels lighter aswell....... wierd.

I had a massive huntsman in a company Camry I had for a while. Every now and then, it would come out from under the bonnet and walk up the wind screen. Friggen' thing was as big as my outstretched hand. I was with a mate one time and it bolted up onto the roof and unfortunately out of sight.

We sat in the car at the destination like a couple of big girls, so concerned we may open the door to have it fall onto our heads. We sat there for like 5 minutes arguing who'd get out first.

It eventually climbed down the pillar and back under the bonnet once we got out. I hate huntsmen. Luckily we don't get those big hairy Sydney Huntsmen over here in Perth.

Bummer about your car!

Good luck,

DJ

im thinking if i cant straighten up the steering i'll put it up for sale. not really worth my time to have a broken car and i need something more economical. might look at another nav depending on what i can get. it still pulls to the left but only a little bit. also i think when they did the alignment they had the wheel wrong as when i got the new wheel it was off by a new splines to the right..... so that could be one solution to reposition the wheel and send it off again. i hope it really isn't anything that makes it unusable.... its been a good car since may last year. its had a head reco'ed, new tyres, front and rear shocks, all rubbers replaced, regular service @ 5000kms a towbar, driving lights and a d40 torneau cover and sports bar.

Latest posts

Back