Bigger tyres and lift kits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jab

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Ive just spent the weekend at Cruiser park and have decided its time to spend some money on my stock D22 DX dual cab. I am currently running 245/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's on STR rims. I like the idea of getting my diffs a bit further off the ground but I still want it to be legal. Im looking at the BFG Mud KM2's as Ive heard good things about them. Does anyone know what the biggest size I can legalling put on are? Im thinking about getting spare rims and having two sets of tyres. What are the biggest I can fit on without having issues with rubbing etc? I plan to eventually get a 2 inch suspension lift but would like to get the new tyres first. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Really? I just checked it and it says 205. So that means my current tyres are illegal, which is weird because they said they were fine when they fitted them. Not much I can do about it now though.

Hey Jab,

Don't suppose you're the guy we were talking to while watching that Triton hung up on the decent into a creek on Sunday are ya? If you are, I was in the Black STR......... Just wondering?

Welcome to the forum anyways.......

Hey Yakka,
Wasnt me mate. I was only there for 2 nights. Went up early Thursday morning and left early Saturday morning.

I spoke to a bloke at Bob Jane and he said that if I had 245/70r16 Id be right. The rolling diameter of the original tyres was 736. The rolling diameter of the 245/70's is 750. So thats legal because its only 14mm above the originals. The rolling diameter on my tyres is 774. Bit of a jump there.
He also showed me that in the front of his tyre size book it says that the tyres can be 50mm above the original tyre size. That book is 2 years old. But they still have not brought it in. Weird.

Ljacko - I guess the 205 's have something to do with the load rating of the DX? Being a work ute. Im not really sure. It did come with pretty small tyres on it. My dad has the single cab dx. It still has 205's on it and they are pretty well useless.

Latest posts

Back