Figured id show my d22 off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete-nav

Reaction score
heya

I've been a member on here for ages now and have never really posted much, but now that i have gotten my d22 nearly to where i want it i'd figure id post some specs and what not.

So it's an '03 D22 str, i bought it with a blown turbo and in need of some gearbox bearings. It was a tradies ute so the tub was all banged up, so i put an alloy tray on, seeing as how i often got stuck on that bloody shovel of a rear step.

My mods so far are the alloy tray, TJM snorkel, 3" exhaust, boost gauge and a 1.5" lift, wound torrsion bars and hangers in rear, i say 1.5" as the springs are fair sagged, having 300,000k on them. All the work and stuff on it i've made myself or installed myself.

I still wanna make some tube sliders up, get new springs all round and once my AT's are bald some 31's.

Best thing about it is my mates have hilux's and so far the nav has never had to be pulled by one but the nav has pulled the hiluxs often :)

The pics are from our trip over the easter weekend to beerburrum.

Attachments

• 05042010_008.jpg
    05042010_008.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 05042010_012.jpg
    05042010_012.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 25,421
  • 05042010.jpg
    05042010.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 117
Well its just about to tick over to 300,000k

The guy i bought it off was a tradie and never really serviced it or anything, and used it to tow a mini excavator and had a 1000l fuel tank in the tub alot of the time. Then the turbo failed, broken shaft so he just cnbf fixing it, thus i bought it, put a new turbo in it and did the gearbox bearings as the input shaft bearing was noisy, just did the main bearings. He also let it get hot, and after i got it going again noticed it used water so i ripped the head off and found a tiny crack in cyl 4 near the exhaust valve stem (exhaust valve on the exhaust side on the head crazy valve config in em), and in finding a new head found this to be a common problem, got 3 different heads until i got a good one, sent the stuffed ones back to the wreckers but. Put the head on and since then its been great, havnt touched the bottom end and the oil every time i change it comes out the same as the day it went in. no lips in the bores or anything, so i didnt bother with a hone or rings and anything while i was there.

As mentioned i did all the work myself so saved heaps, plus paid bugger all for it in the first place. i have probably had it for about 14 months now and have only done about 10k in it, as its only a weekend car, tolls cost to much in the car and traffic a bitch so i use the motorbike to commute.

Everything else is still stocko, and it drives like a new one on the road, and all the bushes etc are still good, springs and shocks are getting sad now but still rides nice.

nice work Pete. Sounds like you got a keeper after your bit of work to fix it up. Time to go play with it now mate :)

Latest posts

Back