interior lighting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tague_100

Reaction score
I am a bit confused as to why my nav only has a sensor on the drivers door for the interior light to come on when the doors open...

The other 3 doors have the an opening for a sensor but its not been installed. Frustrating!!!

Is everyone elses like this or is it just the new 2.5lt models. Mine is a 2008 STR, I would have thought the top models would have these sort of things.

Yes they bloody well should have, but they don't.
Welcome to the club of one door illumination.

I haven't got a D22 so not entirely sure what is fitted or not fitted to the other three doors but like so many other sensors these shouldn't be hard to fit yourself. If the wiring is in place it should be easily traced back to a connector somewhere between the sensors and the fuses which may just need extending.

If the sensors aren't fitted it would just be a matter of buying a sensor kit from Jaycar (or the like) and wiring it up to the existing circuit. Having the manual or electrical diagrams would obviously be an advantage to trace the appropriate wires from the drivers door but someone here might be able to help with that.

There is a bit of extra wiring in the D40, depending on the model and country it was sold in as to what gets connected so that may also be the case in D22's and you might be lucky to find some of the wiring already in place. I installed rear door light switches into an old Datsun Sunny many years ago so an alarm could be fitted and once I figured out where to run the wires the hard part was over, can't imagine things have changed much over the years, the basics would have to be the same.

tague did you end up fitting extra door sensors?
Or anyone else? its starting to really give me the sh*ts..

yeah mine is like that. it's not a "difficult job" necessarily, however fiddly. If you're not familiar with wiring but want to do it relatively cheaply, just run a 2 core cable from your driver's door switch to all of the other doors that you want to switch the light in, in a daisy chain loop-in, loop-out method. The auto electrician can take care of the rest (very simple job for someone with the knowledge). The running of the cables will be the most time consuming part of the job so shall save you a fair bit of money.

If you want to have a go at it yourself, it's a very easy thing to wire up, I could draw a quick wiring diagram for you.

yeah mine is like that. it's not a "difficult job" necessarily, however fiddly. If you're not familiar with wiring but want to do it relatively cheaply, just run a 2 core cable from your driver's door switch to all of the other doors that you want to switch the light in, in a daisy chain loop-in, loop-out method. The auto electrician can take care of the rest (very simple job for someone with the knowledge). The running of the cables will be the most time consuming part of the job so shall save you a fair bit of money.

If you want to have a go at it yourself, it's a very easy thing to wire up, I could draw a quick wiring diagram for you.

thanks WIR35
i dont have much of an electrical mind, dont even know what you mean by 'loop in loop out" :big_smile:
If you think it would still be easy enough to do that would be great if you could! Worse case, if i stuff it up i will then take it to an auto sparky to fix! lol

thanks mate
I appreciate your help! :rock:

so the symbol in the middle is the actual switch, is that right?
sorry im not good with electrical stuff!

I dont get why the hell they would have them and then not have them? I mean they install a bloody second battery and now it seems a 6 stack CD player as standard but no fricken door light switches!!!!???????? :suicide2:

You know whats even more annoying now that I just went and had a look at the car, the switch looks to be part of the rubber door jamb and all the other doors have the same but no switch, how hard would it have been to just put these damn things in to start with!

With switch
IMG_0211.jpg

Without
IMG_0212.jpg

:rant:

Cost cutting.

But Id pay the extra cash to have all the things I want. If Nissan Australia offered the rear diff lock like they did in South Africa I would of ticked that box to.

Dave.

yeh i agree! imagine what they would have charged for that!!! LOL

Now i just need to find some switches that look the same as the factory ones!

My 09 D22 came with a lock diff. Well, if you count broken metal jamming up the clutch packs as a "locked diff"....

Latest posts

Back