Bigger wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ned

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a set of wheels off a Mitsubishi challenger. They are 32x11.5 and was wondering if any one had tips for fitting them. I know I will have to do some surgery on the guards but was interested in other peopls opinion about the new set up.

You should only need to wind you front torsion bars 2" and I'd look at some raised springs or shackles for the rear.

Had a play with the wheels and found the nuts that came with the wheels don't screw on. Apparently Nissan studs are 1.25mm pitch and mitsubishi and toyota are 1.5mm pitch.
Annoying!
I asked around and I don't think I can get nuts that will fit so I think I will just machine my own. I'm also going to machine a spiggot sleeve to centre the wheels on my hubs.

Last edited:
Had a play with the wheels and found the nuts that came with the wheels don't screw on. Apparently Nissan studs are 1.25mm pitch and mitsubishi and toyota are 1.5mm pitch.
Annoying!
I asked around and I don't think I can get nuts that will fit so I think I will just machine my own. I'm also going to machine a spiggot sleeve to centre the wheels on my hubs.

Sheesh, those wheels had better be awesome to go to all that effort.

They actaully look really good and they were a good buy. I don't like spending too much money on the old truck but effort is ok.

I have tried the wheels on but they just touch the rear of the front guard. I talked to Iron Man today and they said extension shackles were illegal. Does anyone know if this is true or not.
You should only need to wind you front torsion bars 2" and I'd look at some raised springs or shackles for the rear.

I have tried the wheels on but they just touch the rear of the front guard. I talked to Iron Man today and they said extension shackles were illegal. Does anyone know if this is true or not.

Yep it's true.

You can get new wheel nuts at most trailer parts supplier cheap.

It's all good. I tried every where for the right nuts for the mitsi rims but no luck. I talked to Nice Products and they gave me the part number for a stud that will go into the nissan but a 1.5mm pitch. I bought one and tried it and it was sweet. So now I just have to get the rest and swap them over.

Back