Moreton Island

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dec0guy

Reaction score
Went to Moreton Island camping for 3 days and took the Nav out for another adventure. Caught the ferry over, let the tyres down to 20psi, and drove across the island to the surf side to set up camp at Blue Lagoon just behind the dunes.

Spent the next day driving around the northern half of the Island, stocked up on some cans at the shop, and drove down to Tangalooma on the bay side.

Last day planned to drive down to Kooringal at the southern end, but exposed rocks on the beach stopped us. Tried to get through on the dunes, but was too soft and wasn't too keen do drive through the surf like the guy before me, so had a cuppa, turned around and went back, lazed about on the beach, and caught the ferry back to Brisbane.

First time I'd been to Moreton Island and 3 days were not enough to do it justice and will be back soon!

Attachments

• Moreton Island (1).JPG
    Moreton Island (1).JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Moreton Island (2).JPG
    Moreton Island (2).JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Moreton Island (10).JPG
    Moreton Island (10).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Moreton Island (24).JPG
    Moreton Island (24).JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Moreton Island (31).JPG
    Moreton Island (31).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 89
The track that beat me! Got thaaaaaat close to making it. After going down another guy got bogged just as the rangers turned up and was told off for driving over the dunes. Looked like an established track to me, even if it was very soft and steep!

Attachments

• Moreton Island (34).JPG
    Moreton Island (34).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Moreton Island (36).JPG
    Moreton Island (36).JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Moreton Island (37).JPG
    Moreton Island (37).JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 94
I love Moreton Island, all the beauty of Fraser Island but less crowded. Had many good times over there when I lived in Brissy. Looks like you had a good time. I'm jealous as hell. Not a huge amount of beach driving up in Townsville, well not as good as down there anyway.

Latest posts

Back