where to go 4x4ing in tas???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to pelveratta falls on the weekend. was a good trip. took about 3 and half hours. pretty easy going, with everything from mud to rocky stuff. most of the hard bogs and stuff were optional to do really so if u get bored u can still get stuck pretty quick. the view at the end was awesome to! will post sum pics here when i get the chance.

The Swanston track is worth doin. Takes about 2 1/2 hours. Slow and rocky. Follows the norhtern boundary of the military training area near Triabunna.

Montezuma falls down the west coast is a moderate track couple of hard bits and also all down sandy cape and arthur river if you like sand driving but make sure you take 3 or more buses and at least one winch if doing it as there is quick sand and trouble can happen very quick also.. log onto TASSIE 4WD :: Tassie 4wd Online very helpful bunch of guys on there my name is starr_nav there is always organised trips and stuff and track reports

G'day guys, I moved to Hobart about 4 weeks ago, loving it down here so far! I'm from darwin originally so I'm still getting used to the weather! Done a few tracks already out of the book D21 Dualcab posted up, I went from judbury to the tahune air walk, was a great drive not really difficult but had some fantastic veiws! One the way back from cradle mountain the other day I spied a sign saying lobster falls and thought it would be worth checking out, was a bit out of my league, went down the boggy steep bit alright but had to winch myself out when going back up, took about 2 hours and was a real bastard, won't be trying that again anytime sooon haha. I'll check out the forum link you put up Starry.

Thanks and sorry for the minor hi-jack :)

Nice short but sweet drive up Mount Cleveland is good just out of Waratah all gravel but quite a steep track could do it in high range but low range makes it a lot smoother and easier

You could always go with Ravo.

He is about as mad as Joshy on here with his 4wding.

Im new to Launceston and have been out a little bit, got the local guide book by Chris Bowden, its worth its weight in gold! Its hard with all the forestry changes to keep up tho. Its a big 4x4 park this island something for everyone, except good weather :)

Latest posts

Back