torque mods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
been thinking of the best mods to try and improve the poor low down torque.
exhaust and chip would be the 1st couple.

what mods have you guys done thats helped with the low down talk problems???mainly with the 2.5, dont think the 3ltr has the problem as bad.

A good exhaust with bigger dump pipe will help mate, it won't transform it into a monster though. I find the chip makes the biggest difference when the turbo is spooled up and on full boost, not waiting for the turbo.

Mate I didn't noticed any drop. I have never really driven it for economy though. I get around 11.5-12.5L/100 with 265/75 tyres, bullbar, canopy, roof basket on etc. would probably be around 10 with standard tyres and not all the weight.

been thinking of the best mods to try and improve the poor low down torque.
exhaust and chip would be the 1st couple.

what mods have you guys done thats helped with the low down talk problems???mainly with the 2.5, dont think the 3ltr has the problem as bad.

Best mod for better control over torque.....is.........an automatic transmission :big_smile: - but a bit too expensive to fit aftermarket!

Last edited:
I've done dump pipe, 3" exhaust, chip and intercooler hardpipe upgrade. Basically all a waste of money, still gutless of idle, no significant improvement for the $$ spent. I think gas injection may be the way to go.

o8KINGCAB. that list was my plan but prolly not quite the 3 " exhaust.
it would be interesting to seee the figures of a 2.5 with gas injection and just see what the difference in figures are torque wise and what revs it comes in at.

anyone know how much your out of pocket for the gas to be fitted (realistically) compared to chips.

which chip is everyone running??

I being thinking a small supercharger may be the way to go. Some how have it turn off at 1800 rpm as the turbo kicks in.

Comment..................

sounds like thats pretty involved, be easier and cheaper to get a different ute.

would be different though.

still gutless of idle

I have been thinking about this a lot, because lots of people have talked about it. I reckon on road is where the lack of low down torque is felt most, and my exhaust did help that, I was out 4wding yesterday and taking particular notice of my revs, I was dropping right down to 800 revs in some sections and by easing on the accelerator really gently it picked up revs and power really quite quickly, yet if I gave it too much acceleration it would want to choke it and stall. I wonder if the computer tries to over fuel it at low revs, even though it has a fly-by-wire accelerator pedal?

Matt,

I agree with your thoughts - I tend to be quite "soft" on my accelerator pedal and don't have a great problem with torque off-idle. And my ute isn't light either... When I give it a boot full, that's when it hesitates. Let it work, let it slowly build up to around even 1500 revs, and off she goes.

Best mod for better control over torque.....is.........an automatic transmission :big_smile: - but a bit too expensive to fit aftermarket!

Mine is Auto and its gutless as hell off the mark, once the turbo is in the sweet spot it goes well but things like pulling out in traffic are a test of faith.

08 King cab, do it, I want to see that done!

Back