ASE intercooler kit.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Well I got the kit fitted about 7 months ago. Cost me $1400 delivered and another $400 to get fitted.

Worth it, you bet. The power difference isn't huge but the computer hasn't been altered to take full advantage of it yet.

On a hot summer's day the power of the motor would be less then normal because of the hot air, now on a hot summer's day the power difference between a hot summer day and summer night is barely noticable.

On a cold cold winters night you can feel more power. On a average day the ute will sit on 120-140km/h easily and happily sit there.

Fuel consumption is 10.2L/100km's sitting on 120km/h.

Average economy is 9.7L/100km's giving me a range of 1300km's out of the tank if I wanna take it that far.

The quality of the kit is pretty damn good.

Anyone wants pics let me.

Dave.

Ill grab pics tomorrow on the SLR. Drinkbeer can see the pics and make his mind up on camera's.

Dave.

I have put the same intercooler in as well (same price too) I cant really comment on the power as I had increased my exhaust size a couple of days earlier but I pulled a trailer total weight around 900kgs with 4 passengers in the truck down to Yamba and back to Bris, the torque was awsome pulled up the hills with ease and temps got no higher than 500c egt after turbo. But its quite loud. You do get a bit more of a turbo whislte which i dont mind, but there is a pretty horrid groan that is also there, do you have the same sought result ? I think its becauce the pipe runs through the wheel arch then back up into the engine bay allowing all the sucking noise to come straight up through the window.

Cant say I notice a groan. About to head up to the girlfriends so I Ill the passenger window down for abit and listen.

Dave.

if you're getting good pull up hills then it sounds like its just as good a benefit as most people here seem to be getting when they install a chip (going off what most people seem to think the advantage of their chip does for their ute). whatyareckon?

I allready have a tunit chip had that for about a year now aswell as Lp injection. It all adds up :) Performance and pocket wise :)

I got the ase kit fitted a couple of weeks ago cause I towed a caravan the weekend before and had to tow it the following weekend again and was very worried about the turbo crapping out (who the hell would want to have a caravan!). So I had the benefit of comparing towing the old folks home pre and post intercooler. The difference was amazing. Without it it stuggled to get to 90km/h but with it you could get past 110km/h easily. The fuel consumption has come down about 2L/100km. I am very impressed, highly recomended, the navara is now much more driveable. The owner of ase is very helpful as well, I will definitely go back to him if I needed his other services. He was talking about making an upgrade turbo kit for the 3.0L.

Is tuning the computer to match the cooler a possibility?

I haven't noticed the groaning noise, only the extra turbo whistle.

Last edited:
You should be able to put your nav on a dyno and have it tuned back to factory temps. That way you should get more power and have to use less pedal. Im going to get mine put back on the dyno soon Ill post the results.

Pics would be great. Do the pipes go too low to the intercooler, I have been told it does and would love to see an under shot. My mate is a engineer for PWR so hopefully will have a PWR from mount on mine at the end of year (due to lacking funds lol).

yeah it goes fairly low under neath, a bit exposed if you bottom the front out.
hopefully someone will post up the pics of the kit.

yeah it goes fairly low under neath, a bit exposed if you bottom the front out.
hopefully someone will post up the pics of the kit.

Yeah I dont want mine too low so will be great to see a set up. Hopefully my mate at PWR will come up with a good idea.

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

Hey guys,
At the risk of letting the cat out of the bag early I will try and get some pics of our 3 litre d22 kit that we have just finished the prototype of.

The pipe work does not go underneath everything either it is all within the engine bay and the core is far more effecient.
We ended up getting about 109kw out of the test mule with an exhaust and chip. It actually blows a d40 away as far as the dyno graph goes!!!! Heaps of low down torque.

Anyway stay tuned.

4.8GU that sounds great, Dave thanks for the pics. I just cant wait to get some cash to set mine up. As I said hopefully at the end of the year :)

Back