D22 Nissan Navara Reverse Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeffe88

Reaction score
Gday Guys,

My mate has a D22 Nissan Navara single cab tray back ute. He currently has no working reverse lights, yes they are there and yes he once had them. I had a sticky beak this arvo, but couldnt even find a reverse light fuse. Any ideas where this fuse is? Or what is causing this problem? My guess is fuse related, but just cant find the thing. He is a chippie and tows a trailer and also fitted reverse spot lights, so im guessing overloaded circuit.

Help appreciated, Cheers,
Josh

Shares the instrument fuse. I know this because I erm tested the fuse when I hooked up aux reverse lights. The fuse did its job but also knocked out the dash.
If the dash is still functioning then the fault would more than likely be in the reverse switch in/on the gearbox. But I'm guessing. Could be an earth or power supply problem also.

Mmmm,
Well the dash lights still work, globes and reflectors are in good condition. I'm guessing that this now points towards the switch being buggered???

So, and mainly because I'm not the owner otherwise I would just poke around. How does one get to the switch. Is it located on top of the gear box? Can it be accessed once the rubber boot is removed?

Cheers,
Josh

Have a gander at the gearbox

Hi there. If the gearbox is the same as the D21 (I have an 87 which is confused about being a D21 or a D22) then the switch is in the side of the gearbox. I found my wiring insulation had hardened due to incessant drowning with diesel and oil leaks and that the wire had fractured. A quick solder and shrink wrap did the trick. Also, the tail lights are susceptible to a little bit of condensation if theres any cracks, which will bugger up the globe seating. however, given you've only lost reverse, then this is unlikely.

which one ie the reverse switch on the box cause my reverse lights only work if i shake my stick around ha ha ha, i got under had a lookn and there is few sensors and wires coming out from few things

Hey guys,

Anyone fixed this issue? I have the same problem...

Took some photos of the gear box (sorry they're not the best)

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• P3100042.JPG
    P3100042.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 4,260
  • P3100043.JPG
    P3100043.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 4,023
I keep checking here because my reverse lights only work when clutch is out, once I depress the clutch to slow down or anything, my reverse lights turn off.

Turns out it was the reversing switch, found it sitting just before the transfer case on top of the 'box. Traced it back to the wiring harness and tested it with the old multimeter and it was buggered.

Unscrewed it, new one from Nissan and done.. easy!

I have my switch on the side of the gearbox is stuffed so I bought a new one but I can't unscrew the old switch can't get a spanner on to it very well, it seems to be extremely tight.

Yeah, mine was ridiculously over kill to get off. took a while but it will come!
I got the spanner on an angle and that worked better

I researched far and wide for advice on the easiest method of access to the reverse switch, to no avail, and eventually cut the wires off the old one to allow a deep socket on to remove it. I then cut an open ended 19mm spanner in half to allow limited movement in the small access that you do have to nip up the new one tight.

Hi there seeking some help on my Nissan navara d22 2005 my reverse lights are not working I got the reverse sensor replaced not to long ago and has not been working since. Cheers

Latest posts

Back