2015 Committee

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

If you've been to a Muster you'll know that organising it is not the easiest job around but it does have its rewards (no, committee members don't get V9X-powered nose hair trimmers or a ZD30 ride-on mower).

However, it should be said at the outset that committee members do enjoy months of planning, discussions, meetings, emailing or calling and running around to sponsors, then being "on the job" for the entire event.

For this year's Muster we hope to introduce workshops, to join the 4WDing, scenic drives and the Navkhana which we hope to expand on and bring back the trophies like we handed out in 2013.

In order to make it happen, the committee have a lot of work to do. We don't get paid for this: the National Navara Muster is a not-for-profit organisation and any funds that are made are donated to the charity of choice.

For the 2015 event, we need to have somebody who can manage and assist in any of the following tasks:

1) Organising a time-trial and driving-challenge event in a small off-road course that doesn't put the vehicle at risk yet provides enough of a challenge to make it interesting.

2) Running a workshop which at the moment may consist of any or all of:
a) Making and mounting working train horns on your car
b) Build your own in-dash winch controls
c) Build your own LED light strips for canopy/underbonnet etc
d) Educational: how to diagnose faults in and rebuild a turbocharger

3) Lead a scenic drive keeping a head count and ensuring that an approximate timetable is kept to

4) Assist in site setup and operations. This may include setting up/taking down flags, signs and bunting, directing people where to camp, spending some time at a specific location to help people and/or answer questions, or other things as needed.

5) Assist with lucky number plate draws, raffles, on the spot prizes, decisions about who might win things like furthest travelled, most lights on vehicle, biggest UHF antenna, most crooked headlight filament, most bush pin stripes or anything else we can dream up

6) Other activities that I've forgotten about because I'm still tired

Committee members will:

A) all carry UHF radios and if a committee decision needs to be made, will be expected to make every attempt to meet the others (of course, if you've brewed a big one and you're in the middle of releasing it, we'll understand).

B) be expected to camp somewhere within reach of where we decide to set up the registration tent or "Muster HQ". This doesn't mean right next to it, but also doesn't mean outside Nindigully Pub either.

C) be expected to seek assistance from some sponsors who may give us items for the raffle or even better still, some cash!

D) be expected to spend at least SOME time manning the HQ. This is where, in 2015, we'll hand out welcome bags, shirts, stickers etc and sell raffle tickets. It will also be where people can ask questions, get help etc and will be the point of contact for the RFS in case of emergency. The full list of attendees will also be kept here.

E) be expected to assist with the operation of the Navkhana. This may be directing cars to a certain location (marshalling), guiding drivers on the course, or helping repair the course.

F) be expected to assist with handling the raffles. This includes writing out names on tickets, scrunching up tickets to place in the container (box, hat, bowl, bucket, whatever is large enough to take them) or helping in the draw

G) be expected to either manage, or film the raffle event itself. We missed a chance for good publicity in 2014 by not having people photographed with their prizes. We'll do better this year - but we need someone with a camera + tripod to take the photo with the winner standing in front of the sponsors' banners.

So there you have it. It isn't easy, but it can be fun. Committee members should all get along fairly well - the process just doesn't work smoothly if there is too much tension.

And with all that out in the open, who has the time to help us now?

If you think that's you, or you think it sounds like fun (which it certainly can be), or it just sounds like something worthwhile to do (and I can't argue - it is) then send me a PM and tell me what part of it you're particularly interested in.

All this hard work isn't really unpaid. For your efforts, your camping fees are paid for and your shirt is free. Cool?

cue tumble weed, dont everyone rush in to help at once it will get way to crowded! hahaha

I won't have time for committee work. I intend to be at Emu Creek next year. My hand is up, volunteering for any work needed to be done.
I'll even show off my train horns.

Unfortunately Gonzo has had to leave the committee as well, which means that (in order to have an odd number for voting purposes) we've accepted Brad's assistance as he was the first one to stick his hand up!

I'd like to announce the formal committee for 2015:

Nevyn (Brad)
Malicious (Mal)
Me

With assistance from several others to handle tasks at the Muster itself (mostly things like helping with signs and carrying raffle prizes and marshalling etc) we're now able to get the 2015 event planning underway!

G) be expected to either manage, or film the raffle event itself. We missed a chance for good publicity in 2014 by not having people photographed with their prizes. We'll do better this year - but we need someone with a camera + tripod to take the photo with the winner standing in front of the sponsors' banners.

I have to get the time off and Gordy is still trying to find someone that she can drag along but maybe we could do 'G' as well as advertising on Instagram?

I have to get the time off and Gordy is still trying to find someone that she can drag along but maybe we could do 'G' as well as advertising on Instagram?

What she said

Yeah, absolutely! We'll have to go through what we need done and really that's just the raffle draw. We could do an arrival montage thing - we did it for 2011, because I got there early and set up my video camera every time we saw someone coming in. Was rather neat to have all the cars arriving in the video so if you get there early, we could do that too.

3) Lead a scenic drive keeping a head count and ensuring that an approximate timetable is kept to

I haven't been to a Muster before, nor familiar with the area at all. But, I do have a background of organizing Rally events (the competitive type). Given the lead time, I intend to attend this muster, work permitting (self employed).

I'm not sure what is the usual but, a quick Google search revealed a tourist drive around the area with a suggested time frame, no actual 4wd territory (around 20km dirt) though, but takes in the history of the area and some site seeing (which interests me).

I'd be happy to help (organize) this department if I can make it. If I couldn't attend, then I'm fairly confident I could have it set up as a set of instructions to follow (as long as the local tourist organization would forward the information) that could even be used as a self guide tour. Of course if somebody is familiar with the area, I'd be happy to just tag along and help where required.

Cheers Tanz.

Yeah, absolutely! We'll have to go through what we need done and really that's just the raffle draw. We could do an arrival montage thing - we did it for 2011, because I got there early and set up my video camera every time we saw someone coming in. Was rather neat to have all the cars arriving in the video so if you get there early, we could do that too.
Cool, just let us know.

Happy to have a trip organised, Tanz, thanks! Have already responded privately with basic trip requirements, so let's take it from there.

Amy, it might not be a good idea depending on the approach road and how much warning we get etc. I guess we'll figure it out as time goes on, eh?

Happy to have a trip organised, Tanz, thanks! Have already responded privately with basic trip requirements, so let's take it from there.

Amy, it might not be a good idea depending on the approach road and how much warning we get etc. I guess we'll figure it out as time goes on, eh?
I'll pm you.

I'm full of confusion today!

I was referring to the road on the way in, and videoing the entry of each participant. At Ados, we could see the road coming in and had a couple of minutes before the cars came around the final bend to the campground - plenty of time to react and get the camera started. If Emu Creek is full of heavy bushland around it (which I suspect is the case) we won't get any advance warning of anyone's arrival, so we might not get the arrivals on video!

I'm full of confusion today!

I was referring to the road on the way in, and videoing the entry of each participant. At Ados, we could see the road coming in and had a couple of minutes before the cars came around the final bend to the campground - plenty of time to react and get the camera started. If Emu Creek is full of heavy bushland around it (which I suspect is the case) we won't get any advance warning of anyone's arrival, so we might not get the arrivals on video!
I'm with you now!

Back